"WARNING" 2009 giant alliance project content &amp

cannondale king

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
as some of you will know im looking at starting racing again and as such have started the giant xtc alliance project to get myself a bike thats light and fast so far i have.

frame. 16"xtc alliance 0 frame
forks. superstar carbon rigid
aheadset. ritchley logic wcs 300 semi intergated
bottle cage. superstar parts carbon
stem. ritchey wcs axis thing 100mm
bars. ritchey wcs carbon 20mm riser
seatpost. ritchey wcs v2 400mm post
wheelset. hope pro2 hubs laced to mavic xc717 disc rims with dt swiss rev/db spokes and coloured alu nips
mechs. xt m770 front mech xt m771 rear mech
tyres. schwalbe nobby nic 1.80's f/r
shifters. xt m770
cassette. xt m770 11-32

Attachments

• DSC00527 (Large).JPG
    DSC00527 (Large).JPG
    85.7 KB · Views: 3,714
  • DSC00528 (Large).JPG
    DSC00528 (Large).JPG
    72 KB · Views: 3,714
  • DSC00529 (Large).JPG
    DSC00529 (Large).JPG
    69.7 KB · Views: 3,714
  • DSC00530 (Large).JPG
    DSC00530 (Large).JPG
    88.5 KB · Views: 3,714
bloody small, is it xs? i had a xtc team a few years ago, 2003. i like the colour this year, they have been a bit dull of late.

its the small 16" but measures 15 3/4" the 18" was just to big to chuck about as im ny 5ft 7in :LOL: :LOL: the rep done me a killer price on this as well :cool:

clunker":1ikrzifm said:
Very nice :cool: , what forks you going to fit mate :?:
Those Reba's would be spot on for that frame if you still have them, unless you're going uber weight weenie, then I'd get some Sid's

Very nice bit of kit, what's the weight of the frame?

re:

I'm acctually right in this moment setting up my xtc composite even with bb7's and a bloody skareb fork it is light!

I'm also going rigid quite soon, and I'm going xc riot with topmounts, 8speed and mechanical brakes, but I'm thinking of going hydraulic soon, will probarly try to find some xtr.

My first bike was a giant, and this is not my last but a really good one! gonna build my old 93 composite giant as a mtb/cx morph for thoose days just riding in the park...

Really interesting section this to see what retrobikers ride in their modern-spare-time, or for a living in some cases!

I bet thats fast/light as hell, won't weigh much. Appreciating the Giants at the mo after sniffing round the STP's for a while.

stp's are great play bikes the frame is well made light and bloody bomb proof.

i plan or making this light yet tough got some superstar carbon forks i know i know but they work well and some ritchey wcs carbon bars and alu wcs wet look stem to go this baby now ;) :cool:

Back