EBAY - keep you mouth shut

utahdog2003":2qzvphap said:
I'm still wondering what auction would bring about such a fiery outburst! :?

Kooka trash probably
laughing025.gif

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
rosstheboss":lrgu8dcl said:
I like the ebay ads at the bottom of the page, especially when they occassionally advertise things like this....

http://cgi.ebay.com/Reborn-Baby-BOY-ANA ... 7C294%3A50

Ah yes. Do those still appear? I had set the ads up to show the most popular items on ebay in case of no relevant search match. Apparently it was those slightly odd dolls. Thought i'd sorted than, ahem, issue.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
yeah pretty sure you got rid of them john , havnt seen them in ages

and no my missus isnt getting into the manufacture of them :roll: :oops: :? :(

there was a program about them , nutters put them in prams and take them out

greenZ":eafhwid0 said:
Okay, I know when I've been beat,.....and I've been beat ;)

I want to part with this:

I am speaking from a buyer's point of view. Yes, the original post was a rant/vent because I lost on an eBay item I really wanted for a long time.

Surely everyone knows the first rule of every auction: NEVER show you are interested in an item and staying quiet till the end. The second rule is “See the first rule.” It doesn't help when members are broadcasting it to everyone. Yes, people here are a knowledgeable crowd.

Buyer's point of view. Not the seller's point of view. The fewer the players the better. No other bidders to compete with?.....even better for the buyer.

This is the first time I experience a crowd who cares about random unknown sellers, their financial well-being, and making sure they don't "get ripped off" (not my words). If the seller was a retroBIKE members, I wouldn't mind paying more for his items. Disposible income is something I have. Being stupid at an auction is something I am not used to.

From my neck of the wood, everbody like a bargain or paying less than retail. EVERYBODY! Paying 50 euros is better than paying 100 euros. You were considered a smart shopper if you can get the same lower priced jacket somewhere else (just an example). Can I assume that people here don't haggle when they buy a new or used car? A house? Paying anything less would be considered a sin? You are, afterall, "profiting off other people's ignorance"(those are not my words).

Anyways, I realize I am just a lonely buyer in a pool of retroBike sellers.

PEACE! :cool:

After having read your reiteration, in the form of defence for a rather offensive first post, of writing from a buyer's perspective, I feel compelled to answer that I am also a regular buyer on ebay, and do not and never have sold anything there. I have also listed items, some of which have been of interest to me as a buyer, on the ebay watch here. So no friend, we are not all here promoting sales from a seller's perspective when we "out" ebay items. I think you might be missing the idea of community spirit on this site; i.e., people who share a common hobby or passion, and are not in it for money and profit. I'm quite sure we all use or lose more money than we make. Also, though others may disagree, your ebay "rules" are ridiculous. If I'm intersted in something, I don't care who knows it. I have a maximum price with shipping and will enter my bid right away. Waiting or not waiting does nothing to encourage or deter other potential buyers from bidding. If they sneak in a bid in the last ten seconds, that's fine with me. Either my maximum will win, and too bad for them for waiting too long, or they will bid over, in which case they were willing to pay more than me. More power to them. On a final note, i deleted my profile on my local mtb site because too many people on it think like you, which is to say only about themselves. Your implication that people are somewhat stupid for not bartering and haggling over everything, in addition to your callous comment about not giving a toss about the welfare of a seller or his family (because you are the buyer at that moment) and the fact that you want what is best for you and only you in every possible scenario, smacks of the attitudes present in the thread that finally pushed me over the edge to delete said profile. In defence of the Big Cheese, you do come accross as rather immature to me, too, and you might try to grasp the concept that inflammatory thread starters will invoke unsympathetic responses. Perhaps you are young?

Or maybe you're Danish... :LOL:

richie-t":3cbkbwcf said:
as an estate agent, im constantly faced with buyers who want to get a bargain, and sellers who want to get more than what their property is worth.

quite often, the same person comes in both categories.

wants top money for his, and to get the one he wants for a bargain.

personally, i hate these types of people.

Yes! I second that motion. Don't ever move over here mate. ;)

Back