Paypal as a gift

You can gift to abroad, however it does cost. There is the option of the sender paying the charge or charging it to the receiver.

Pfennig":17n9yfjm said:
You can gift to abroad, however it does cost. There is the option of the sender paying the charge or charging it to the receiver.

Ooooh, I was done! :LOL:

Someone paid me from abroad and claimed to have used the gift option but I was charged, maybe they didn't elect to pay the fees themselves when they sent it :roll:

TBH, I thought it made sense as their balance would have been in Euro's and they were paying me in £ therefore some fee would be incurred due to the currency difference?

In my experience fees are only incurred with paypal 'gifting' if you have insufficient funds in the account & then use credit card (maybe debit card too) to top up.
My primary funding source is a bank current account & myself or the recipient have never been charged a fee.
When 'gifting' Paypal always gives you the option of who should pay the fees (if any) so if you as the recipient have been charged then it's down to the sender being slightly dishonest*

EDIT * assuming it was made clear that the buyer pays any fees.

Latest posts

Back