EBAY - keep you mouth shut

RanDOM capiTALIsatIon Of WoRDS is the SChizzlE!

PS: many bargain parts in my £5.50 sale. Strangely, they're all £5.50.

all ebay links in the ebay section and auction watch pay for the site . when you click on it and bid and buy , ebay knows you went to ebay through retrobike .

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
last thoughts:

All sillyness aside, I did post my Proshift front and rear mechs for sale on here way before I'd even considered ebay.

I put them up for about half of what they would sell for (£175 for the pair) and they were sold to a very happy Jeff in Singapore.

I sold them here becuase I thought they'd be more appriciated and as quite a few members have done me a few favours, keep up the karma.

We denizens of RetroBIKE are a mere handfull of the thousands of collectors/buyers/users of old bike tat out there. To think the price of an item will go up because it has been linked to from here is extremely naive.

Ebay is not usualy the place to bag a bargain either - it's an open to all the world auction site and tends to find market value, which it's painfull to realise is often above what you or I may think an item is worth. If you do pick up a bargain then good for you.

What I/we do tend to do here on RetroBIKE is pass our bargains on to others at the bargain price we paid rather than trying to sell on at a maximum profit like a GREEDY F*&*ER

Karma - we are an online community and what goes around can indeed come around. Be nice :D

"On the other hand I have made with some other fellowmembers who also wanted the part a "if you like it more I wont bid on it" deal."

the old bmx crowd has an unwritten rule where if a person is known to be after a particular part and if they spot it early enough they pretty much lay claim and will be the only one who will bid on it

a good example is ex s&m rider alex leach was very well known to be after the second frame s&m made , the maddog . so even though its a very desireable frame to both s&m collectors and old bmx riders in general because everyone in the community knew alex had been after one for so long when one finally appeared on usa ebay only a couple of people bid out of potential hundreds

greenZ":gsg7w10p said:
Anyways, I realize I am just a lonely buyer in a pool of retroBike sellers.

PEACE! :cool:

I have never sold anything on Ebay *gasp!*, but I would post a link to an item on Ebay that I thought one of my fellow Retrobikers might want/need. It's called "being friendly" and is also known as something "selfless". I probably have more time to browse Ebay than someone who works outdoors, or is in a job without access to a PC, so why not allow other people from this VERY friendly community to benefit from my spare time. I'd be looking anyway?

The point is most Retrobikers will offer items to fellow members far more cheaply than they could get on Ebay and will only use Ebay as a last resort. You are not a lonley buyer in a load of Retrobike sellers, quite the opposite, you are part of a friendly community that see's itself as "in it together".

Whoa, I feel like a hippy. :)

Back