Easy money

Harryburgundy

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
For you parents out there.
I don't know the full ins and outs, but if you had children in the financial year 02/03 you may be able to claim errrr unclaimed Childrens Tax Credit...but you need to do it by the end of the month.
Phone up your Tax Office with your NI number and check to see if you rec'd it back then.
I phoned this morning and apparently I didn't. Putting a claim in today...refund worth between £500-£1500 :shock:
Cheers
Carl

Yep, children born before 6th Apr 03 qualify. It think its either £520 or £1040 dependant on their age

MadCowKev":1mladeo6 said:
Yep, children born before 6th Apr 03 qualify. It think its either £520 or £1040 dependant on their age

I was born ON the 6th of April 1979, do you think I'll qualify? :)

tax credit office is a joke.

Prior to this year, we were paid £500/month instead of £500 p annum. We wrote them on numerous occassions and they never replied, just carried on for years. In the end i stopped writing, banked the money in a separate account and waited for them to claim it. We were sorta hoping that some incompetence somewhere may end up in us keeping it. Earlier this financial year, they wrote to us to claim back £20k worth of overpayments and we paid up.

how incompetent can they be?

What is sad is that there are desperate parents who need the money and cant get it and then theres us who receive money we aint due?

utter horses#it!

pigman":deri3ccw said:
tax credit office is a joke.

Prior to this year, we were paid £500/month instead of £500 p annum. We wrote them on numerous occassions and they never replied, just carried on for years. In the end i stopped writing, banked the money in a separate account and waited for them to claim it. We were sorta hoping that some incompetence somewhere may end up in us keeping it. Earlier this financial year, they wrote to us to claim back £20k worth of overpayments and we paid up.

how incompetent can they be?

Superb idiocy! :LOL:

Although I thought that if you were overpaid tax credits massively then the correct course of action was to spend it all on lottery tickets, argos furniture and lambert and butler fags. Then when they claim it back, you go on Trisha complaining how unfair it is and how you never realised you were being overpaid £20,000. It's in the rules, apparently.

I was overpaid a few hundred £'s one time. My Mrs did the same thing phoning them up a few times to tell them. In the end they said keep it and they wouldn't want it back as it was their fault :shock:

We were overpaid by 4000k, kept it in an account for a few years after telling them about it several times.

They then threatened us with baliffs to recover 6K when we registered our new son, we challenged that 3 years ago and have heard nothing. Our forms were filled in correctly. We know it is their mistake but we stopped claiming at that point because it isn't worth the stress.

I'll bet there are others out there like us.

Constantly overpay us, and say they will claim it back the following year be paying us less.

TBH, I could do without the stress of tax credits, but as we took out a hefty mortgage to buy our house with a view to extending it......and then Alfie joining us and the wife stopping work......the money certainly helps :roll:

Back