Cannondale Pepperoni 1" Forks

messiah

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I picked up a one of these forks recently for tiny sum :) . They seem very light and well made but seeing as I was not a Cannondale fan back in the day I don't know much about them.

Anyone on here care to share any experiences or comments?

as you stated light and well made and a bit scarce these days
mike

Think my forks on my cannondale are pepperoni's, how can you tell?. How much do they fetch? cause I'll be getting rid of mine when I get some pace eventually.

Made of aluminium. Have quite a low "rake" on them.

Quite distinctive forks. When aluminium was "cool" in the old days.

Good though. Ideal for a Cannondale build obviously (I'd keep them on it Ape)

Low rake?, anyone got a pic of em so I can compare?, nah gonna stick some RC36's on Jez, ride is a bit on the harsh side with it back and front as its a very stiff frame and its a bit tiring on the hands after a bit so would be nice to soften it up a little bit. :D

Just had a look on google and I'm fairly sure they are pepperoni's, are they worth out?, I'd love to have a play on a klein bet they're fantastic, I love a really rigid back end makes a nice change from the downhill bike with no pedal feedback and nice and responsive but just think because I use the cannondale as a regular bike would be a bit more comfortable with some suspension at the front end. Still loving that bike on your avatar, bet thats a lovely ride.

wow--didnt know they made them in 1"--ive got a few pairs that are 1 1/4", one of which has the dreaded aluminum steer tube which c-dale had on some kinda recall on--dont know why--very light fork tho--i was going to use them on a current project but wanted a straight fork instead--the pepperonis have (as mentioned) a rake

Again, like all retro stuff. I'm sure someone out there would give mucho-grande dollar for 1" Pepperoni (sp!?) forks to finish off their ride.

Take some pics and advertise them ;)

(sp?)???, huh, is there anyway of knowing for definate if they are pepperoni's?, were there any other types of forks that used to come on old cannondale's with a slight rake?. Dunno what year mine was when I got it was mainly kitted with stx and is black at the front and fades to metalic green at the back and has a wishbone seat stay. Dunno if that helps.

Back