EBAY - keep you mouth shut

Crell":2b0mf7y6 said:
Do you really think your hot deals are only known to you? :LOL:

If you dont like it spend your life on "VRC. :idea:
Who the hell do you think you are ? The concept of "netiquette" and manners passed you by?

Just my opinion
:evil:

Hot deals known to a FEW is a lot better than hot deals known to MANY. The fewer the players, the BETTER..........from a potential buyer's standpoint.

I can see....my original post will UPSET many SELLERS here who want MAXIMUM price/profit for their listing.

I have picked up numerous items i consider bargains that have been outed in the ebay forum. That said it is extra special when you find a hidden gem.

i bet this thread runs into several pages :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
i've had a few good things off ebay that i've spotted in the ebay bit on here... surely the whole point of an auction is that the person that is prepared to bid highest is the winner :? IMHO there are things that go for well above the odds (16" konas? :LOL: ) but that is because they are desireable and like anything that drives up the price but its narrow minded to just blame people posting autions on this site for that. There's been a fair bike in magazines recently about retro kit, one of our members had his bike featured in DIRT and there seems to be a bit of a retro thread going on in the letters page of MBUK so no doubt this is turning new folks onto 'our thing'...

by telling a community as informed as this, presumably all that happens is the item is more likely to achieve its correct value. if not, the seller is getting ripped off and that aint nice to see is it?
if it ends up going for more than its worth, the extra bidders wouldve come from here and presumabley the winner would have really wanted it.
seems to me the only loser is the guy who likes to profit from other peoples ignorance, which sounds like you.

If you're really the only one sneaking a great deal and you don't post it here, there will be no problem for you :roll: ;)
........ otherwise you just underestimate the other retrobike bargain hunters among us :LOL:

Was just about to get off to bed, but this is worth staying up for.

What auction was it that upset you?

Is there something in the water today?

I've got loads of kit cheap off ebay - the stuff that I cant afford but is still cheap I put up on here I know there'll be people who appreciate the heads up.

I seriously think you should go away and sit in a calm place and think about a nice warm summer day, might loosen you up a bit.

W W Biffta":3147g88c said:
........ if not, the seller is getting ripped off and that aint nice to see is it?

.....seems to me the only loser is the guy who likes to profit from other peoples ignorance, which sounds like you.

When is it a crime to buy something for cheap? Why am I responsible for "other people's ignorance."

I didn't know you care so much about random unknown sellers, unless you are one. Like I said, the original post will UPSET the SELLERS here.

I am writing from a BUYER's perspective.

greenZ":3w0ydhrf said:
W W Biffta":3w0ydhrf said:
........ if not, the seller is getting ripped off and that aint nice to see is it?

.....seems to me the only loser is the guy who likes to profit from other peoples ignorance, which sounds like you.

When is it a crime to buy something for cheap? Why am I responsible for "other people's ignorance."

I didn't know you care so much about random unknown sellers, unless you are one. Like I said, the original post will UPSET the SELLERS here.

I am writing from a BUYER's perspective.

well CYCLE OFF and BUY something - might CHEER yourself up

:D :D :D

Back