What car have you lusted after for years?

neilll":uhxs42i0 said:
........Had one of those back in '93 Lysander, loads of fun, was my daily driver for 7 years....FREEZING in the winter (the snow came in...) and cool as fu** in the summer. 16mpg though :cry:

Aye, them's the drawbacks...........wouldnae actuaaly drive it much, though- I'd just sit in it and play at being a Giant Action Man....... :p

BarneyRubble":bn2mbpct said:
I know it is impractical, hot, uncomfortable, horrible to drive, hard to get in and out of, but....I love it. :) Had a poster on my wall throughout the 80's and always dreamed of owning one....

Aint that just the ultimate poster car !!!! As far as im concerned theyl never age !! One of the only reasons I didnt totally outstretch my budget for a 25th anniversary model was purely that it wouldn't fit down the drive to reach the garage !!! Ha ha ... Probably for the best though !!

cherrybomb":fruvfqzg said:
See now those PROPPER Porkers not like the tat that was posted earlier. :cool:

Hope that werent aimed at mine !!!! :? I wouldn't have a bad word said about that car !!! Last of the proper air cooled etc etc etc .... ;)

delboy009":1ctqvnr6 said:
cherrybomb":1ctqvnr6 said:

Hope that werent aimed at mine !!!! :? I wouldn't have a bad word said about that car !!! Last of the proper air cooled etc etc etc .... ;)

Don't take it to heart. ;) The '80s ruined the Porsche 911 for me and it never really recovered.

The late '90s variants were about as good as they got, but to my mind you can't beat this:

911rs-L.jpg

They never topped the RS. :cool:

But what do I know,? I drive a Jeep. :roll:

cherrybomb":2hbtlf7f said:
delboy009":2hbtlf7f said:
cherrybomb":2hbtlf7f said:

Don't take it to heart. ;) The '80s ruined the Porsche 911 for me and it never really recovered.

The late '90s variants were about as good as they got, but to my mind you can't beat this:

911rs-L.jpg

They never topped the RS. :cool:

But what do I know,? I drive a Jeep. :roll:

Fair enough !!!!

They had a lovely old RS at Paragon when I purchased my 993 S but it was around 90k so I looked then I looked away sharpish !! Ha ha...

I do still like the 80's turbo model though have to say and a snip around 15k for a good one !! But Ill always have a soft spot now though for the 993 range !!! A GT2 if I could have but that would have been a re-mortgage :LOL:

Back