It's Happened...A Skip Find!

Iwasgoodonce

Old School Grand Master
A Focus Black Comp Ltd. I think it is some sort of German import as the brakes were the wrong way around and there is a stick in German on it. A weird groupset hanging from a cast iro Suntour chainset to an LX rear mech that oddly shifts the wrong way. 9 speed though.
Oh, and the worst forks in the whole world. Suntour XC60s with rusty chrome sliders and 0.1mm travel and a weight of around 1078Kg. I may well be looking for a replacement set!

Yup Focus are German, as said earlier Wiggle sell 'em, they're pretty good bits of kit.

The rear mech is a rapid rise by the sound of it, it's sprung to return to the large sprocket on the cassette, supposedly to aid shifting under load whilst changing to a lower ratio

IMHO it's a load of bull, if your mech is set up right & you change gears at the correct time you don't need rapid rise, just another marketing ploy by Shimano to sell you something that's not really needed, all IMHO of course ;)

When my bikes up and running im going to the Clydebank recycle center,from what i hear from guys like bigcheese is that they are dripping in rare /retro bike stuff
A bit like an open air Aladdins cave :eek:

I had a skip find a few years ago. It was a bike I gave to my nephew which he decided that he didn't want anymore :(

Iwasgoodonce":uxzv4ub9 said:
Oh, and the worst forks in the whole world. Suntour XC60s with rusty chrome sliders and 0.1mm travel and a weight of around 1078Kg. I may well be looking for a replacement set!

A replacement set of what - Suntour forks? I've got some in the house; yours for the cost of postage.

You may not want them though, since it sounds like you already have the lightweight and extended travel version :D

cheers

Back