DBMTBs Parkpre Pro-Elite FORKS CHANGED & PICS

Which Marzocchi forks should I fit on this?

• 98 Z3 Lite (Black/Blue)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 98 Z2 BAM (Green)

• 99 Z2 Superfly Air/oil (Black/silver)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ask Gil_m for a set of decals. He made them for me, he may still have the file and be able to do a set for you. Check my Pro-Elite on my signature. ;)

Thanks ' I'm already in touch with Gil.

Your decals are 1995 and this build will be 97 with different graphics and text.

What Gil calls a "redraw" will be required and I need to find more info-

:D Gil_m's Parkpre decals are fantastic, be careful if you go on a muddy ride the surface printing can rub away leaving the white vinyl showing through. Big shout out to all the Parkpre riders :cool:

Latest update -

Made sketchy version of what I want as decals. They won't be 100% but the best I could find from available information.

What's wrong with having '95 decals with '97 components? I've virtually done the same with my pro825.
It's perfectly feasible that in '97 you decided to rebuild your '95 frame with the latest components, people always upgrade their bikes, that’s my view anyway.

Nothing wrong as such... That's what my Dave Yates is pretty much - a bike I bought in 93 with only the seatpost, stem and frame remaining from the original build.

But this was never about doing things the easy way!

I didn't have time in my last post to mention that Victor's titanium special already has the old decals. He's gone the "tricked up" path. And all respect to him etc... It's a nice build and the decals are right for this concept. His bike shines in all the details. Mine has to shine in the small details to even come close.

I want to go the "what would I have trusted to race on in 97?" path.... And the original 97 spec sheet is not too far off that. I always fancied a Parkpre titanium frame (was looking on ebay a couple of years before I even found retrobike) and if I'd found one, this is how I would have wanted it to be.

I could have done a 95 build but I was never terribly taken with M737. 96/7 saw some interesting innovations that seemed worthwhile whereas the innovations from M734 to M737 were just shiny....

Latest progress.

Old decals removed
Frame polished

Control Tech stem located at long last.
Waiting for last few parts to start building....

Progress in leaps and bounds...

Would add photos but the builders are in and our basement is in a shameful mess which I don't want to share with the WWW.

Bike built up to almost rideable state!!!

Titec ti. bars, 739 brakes/front mech, Cane Creek headset arrived. Control Tech stem due this week. The final touches are almost in place...

Updated spec list on side 1.

Still waiting for info about decals.

3 Marzocchi forks to choose from...

98 Z3 lite (but 97 stamped)
98 Z2 BAM (due next week - good chance of it being 97 stamped)
99 Z2 Superfly.(due next week)

What is a chap to do? I think I'll put it to a poll....

FIRST TEST RIDE TODAY!!!

Bike built up with Z3 lites (4cm of steerer sticking up on top) and a spare stem I had lying around....

Impressions are good. But couldn't understand what the funny noise from the front wheel was.....

After popping the axle out upon return to the batcave,find that one of the bearings is totally shot..... Wheel otherwise looks like NOS so that was a big surprise... but then, it did come from Konamad....

But generally very happy with the feel of the thing.

Back