NORTH OF SCOTLAND RETRO.

Feedback
View
HEY

FEELERS OUT HERE TO GAUGE SUPPORT FOR NORTH OF SCOTLAND
RETRO RIDES, MEETS?

FORT BILL, LAGGAN, GOLSPIE, LEARNIE REDROCK, CONTIN, FRYISH.. PHEW THE NORTH ACHES WITH ACE TRAILS...

POST UP THE THREAD DUDES

PEACE BROS

MARTIN

Oh dear you really on the edge of the retro map based on your responses to your thread :cry:

Hopefully us Southern MacRetro types will try and go further north this year at some point. Folks keep suggesting Laggan Wolf Tracks but alas its too far in a Scottish winter.

Good Luck :D

I fancy Laggan at some point and my brother in law has started working in Aviemore, so hopefully up there a couple of weekends and looking for a blast.

North

Hi Guys
Well being up near JOG I am almost at the end of the world, not quite, but I can see it from here :roll:
Anyway I will try and get to what ever you organise. I have been to Laggan a few times and its a great place with the best facilities. I used to live close to Learnie Redrocks and have to say that its one of the best hidden gems I have come across. I had some time early last spring before I moved and I would ride there quite a few times each week, sometimes just for an hour or so in the evening. There was hardly anybody to be seen, even on a sunday.
Golspie would be great for me as I am still an hour and a bit North so its the closest decent riding I have. Good trails though gets busy in the summer unless you can get a weekday morning.
Let me know and I will try and join up.
Jamie

Not sure I fancy taking a retro beastie down the Laggan black... I've yet to ride the others mentioned but hope to this year (but not retro... probably :oops: ).

Retro rigid

Hi guys
I think Learnie Redrocks is fine for a retro rigid. Nice singletrack and some rock/gravel.
Jamie

Contin

Yeah I agree Contin has some great trails. Before I moved up here last june I lived in Garve just the other side of Contin. You can ride round the backside of the loch to Contin and then cross over to the other side of Contin into the bigger hills or head towards Strathpeffer or Dingwall. Miss having that stuff on my doorstep as up here I have a couple of nice woods but nothing of that scale.

I hope we'll catch up soon somewhere.
Jamie

Back