1993 Tange Prestige Stumpjumper

cce

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
picking this up on tuesday - ebay photos at the mo.

spoke to the guy and he confirmed when new, it had specialized future shock forks on it - unfortunately long gone.

that makes it most likely a 1993 stumpy FS based on that and the colour. so a tange prestige stumpy for 65 quid. not bad at all.

in the short term, it'll be used as-is for commuting duties. in the longer term, i've always fancied a red stumpy, and i have some nice onza cantis that could mark the basis of a build....

Attachments

• 49ac_12.jpg
    49ac_12.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 3,357
she's safely nestled in my garage

the good:

NOS-like M567 STIs
NOS-Like M600 v-brakes (one still has a tag on it!)
generally rides well from a short test

the bad:
rear canti noodle ground down to run v-brake
m567 stis are for cantis, and it has v-brakes

all in all though an excellent snag for 65 quid. might throw my m900 cantis i have lying around on for now.

anyone know a good get-round for the problem i have on the rear?

noodle get around

Hi cce
A great buy, you will love it I am sure.
I have a 94 that came with the noodle shortened. There are several ways around it. You can run V's but like me you sound like you dont want that option ;)
You can force a section of piping into the noodle to extend it andbend slightly. Have done this once in the past but a real lot of fine effort to make a really nice job. You could go to SJScycles and look in brake guides or something like that and they have one that is very similar to the 89 or so one from specialized that hangs off the seat bolt to guide the cable, or there is a dia compe one that is again mounted off the seat clamp bolts in a V shape to guide the cable. These are really nice and seen a few Rockhoppers come with these standard BITD but harder to find now, usually see a few on ebay US. I think there might be a cheap raleigh version about.
I hope this gives you some ideas anyway.
Jamie
Hope this helps a little bit

v brakes are off - m900 canti on the front, nothing on the back until i get the parts i need to fix either my onza HO or other m900. want to lose the p-bones, got my eye on some nice P2's :)

bar ends are gone too - bars were just too narrow with them in place. seems to fit well in spite of the uber-long stem

would you like some hens teeth while i'm at the shop picking them up?

also, anyone know what size post this should take? has a 27.0 but it's TIGHT.

Back