Muddy Fox Courier

Ha ha remember going up the wrekin on xmas day on one of these fresh out of the box! Will be following this with interest :cool:

Wow ,nice find and its good to see so many muddyfox branded parts still on it :cool:
Without a doubt thats going to look smashing when you're done.
Track down a rear disk

I had the one after that, frame looks very simlar to my old un.
Check out the big boots on me
DSCF1008_edited.jpg

Definitely Panaracer Ibex. I studied the catalogue in intimate teenage detail back in 1987 before buying my Ozark because it had a better frame.

Ibexs were my favourite tyres for a long time.

Blimey. :shock:

Can't get much more retro than rocking the 'Good Morning Vietnam' no tires look!

:D

TSC.

I still have my Muddy Fox Courier from around 1987. I was riding up until about 2 years ago. I've stopped now though for fear of it falling apart.

I used it so much that is does not have all the orginal parts as I had to replace them. It's had:

3 x rear derailleurs
3 rear cassette hubs
1 x middle front chain ring
1 new stem and flat handlebars (when cow hors went out of fashion!!)
Lots of new tyres
New front shifters (had a bad crash and ripped one off)
New pedals
new brake blocks obviously.
new headset
3 bottom brackets

I also added some MBUK stickers when I was about 14. :LOL:

Everything else is original though. Here's a couple of pics below. if I can be any help to OP for close up photos to make comparisons during the rebuild, please let me know. Although that bike is pretty original in my eyes.

P.S Yes, I think those Panaracer tyres you found maybe the originals... my memory is so hazy now though...
P.P.S In the family there is also a Saracen Tufftrax circa 1990 and a VERY old Ridgeback. i'll try and get some pics.

Attachments

• bike_03.jpg
    bike_03.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 684
  • bike_04.jpg
    bike_04.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 684
Back