What car have you lusted after for years?

Erm....
Alfa Romeo Guilia Super
guilia.jpg

Facel Vega
car_pop04thumbnail.jpg

1960-facel-vega-hk-500-coupe-r3q.jpg

Lancia Zagato
zagato-lancia-web.jpg

and of course...a Citroen SM :cool:
29-citroen-sm.jpg

:oops: :LOL:

guybe":3ocwpz2o said:
Porsche 911 from the late '90's years

Trust !!! These are true drivers cars and built like brick shit houses, yet with finesse !!! 96/97 Carrera S 993 (The only year and simply must have the wide rear arse !!!)

Practical, collectable, fits on any drive, just dont try and fit a baby seat !!!

Look closely :LOL: He'll be gutted that Daddy flogged it before he could get his hands on it !!!

Attachments

• Joe wedged in the Porka.jpg
    Joe wedged in the Porka.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 1,033
ive noticed a few donor cars at the start of this thread :LOL:

ive been following prp 7iv as its passed through at least 5 keepers in quite a few years . ordinarily i wouldnt choose the mk2 as id have to pay tax :LOL: and the na yb is a heavy thirsty lump compared to a duratec with throttle bodies and decent engine management but theres a certain rawness to prp 7iv that has always appealed . its never been a show car and never will , more likely to be found at brunters or on santa pods strip than sat in a field with speccy rally anoracks discussing its pedigree

02.jpg

2007_11042007rwyb0014.jpg

DSC02384-1.jpg

prp7iv-1.jpg

i want a new mex from boreham

bor125.jpg

XL800615.jpg

i want my camper to be half as good as this one

ind1.jpg

i want morleys van

P7170120-1.jpg

P7170121-1.jpg

i want a sled

11-1.jpg

but most of all i want brits to keep coming up with oddball stuff like this

256xrex.jpg

Have been out on the hunt for one 5 years in a row and now (7 years already) I can have a look at it every day :D

Attachments

• GT2.jpg
    GT2.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 989
Mr HarryBurgundy, what an exceptional taste in fine motor cars you have. I raise a glass to you!

Si

i've always been a fan of the quattros, ever since the golden years of rallying. one group B kicked in properly it had to be the Lancia Delta S4 tho. awesome :twisted:

the only car i can remember lusting after in recent years tho is the Audi S8
i saw one in the film Ronin & just knew i had to have one :!:

went into work the next day to check the price in autocar magazine & was well & truly slapped down. £70,000 give or take for full spec :shock:
was a bit gutted to say the least :(

anyway a few years passed & somebody at work said he saw some for sale for semi sensible money, checked auto trader, made some calls went out & bought one :D
had it about 4 years now & still love it :D

unfortunately recent fuel pricing has seen any residual value evaporate so like any largeish engined car its now worth fook all :cry:

no plans on selling anyway ;)

if anyone wants a big car ( & they are massive!) that can cause a few surprises on the road give one a look ;)
the 360bhp V8 & 4wd gets you where you want to be quicker & probably more comfortably than any other car for the same money ;)

Realistic car dreams at the moment are a factory spec MK2 or MK3 X-pack Capri 3.0S in silver.

Also fancied a SWB Beach Buggy, an original Rat or GP just like this one, good ones go for decent money though.

gp3.jpg

Unrealistic dreams are a Lamborghini Miura and a road spec Metro V6R4.

Fulfiled a few dreams over the years though, always wanted a Mustang when i was a kid, had this 70 Mach1 a few years ago.

mach1red.jpg

Then i wanted a Dodge charger so i swaped the Stang for this, ended up wishing i'd kept the Stang as it was easier to drive.

chargerrear.jpg

This is my current old skool Ford.

capribraesrear.jpg

Back