Another ebay rant

The distance selling regulations apply to shop purchases, not sure about private sales.

if you paid using Paypal, you should be able to get some of the money back by starting a dispute, however, that won't cover the full £450 I don't think! I've been burned in a similar way before...

dyna-ti":2eehzmnq said:
I think the law here as a consumer is on your side
I believe that you have a right to change your mind on any purchase within 14 days,i think this also includes ebay purchases

Never thought id say this---

Is there a solicitor in the house?

I'm fairly sure that only applies if you purchase from a retailer/company and (let's face it, quite rightly) not private sales.

not to hijack the thread ( I am really) but heres my reply to my current Paypal woes:

Dear Paypal:

I'm not sure that you quite understand:

The transaction did not appear on my 'account history' until January, even though it was dated 20.11.08.

I personallly could not have transfered any money from my Paypal account on 20.11.08 as my account had 'limited access'.

I do not have a HSBC account in my name and reported this to Paypal sometime last year when it appeared.

On investigating the HSBC account details, the HSBC account is an official Paypal company account, not a customer account. I reported this to Paypal last year.

So, to sum up:

An amount of money has appeared in my personal Paypal account and transfered to Paypal Ltd despite my personal Paypal account being limited to recieving payments only.

Something, somewhere has gone very wrong. I'd appreciate it if you could close my account and we'll start again from scratch.

So, my paypal account £423 in the red after some nut cracked my account.

After speaking to yeti dealers they have confirmed that the frame is indeed incorrect size and the seller has now seen the light (at last).
So how does this work? Do i have to send it back and pay the postage before she will refund like she claims? What stops her getting frame back and then keeping my money? Will I get all my postage fees back?
I think i must have been lucky on ebay up until now!

missmyfat":1e16mubv said:
After speaking to yeti dealers they have confirmed that the frame is indeed incorrect size and the seller has now seen the light (at last).
So how does this work? Do i have to send it back and pay the postage before she will refund like she claims? What stops her getting frame back and then keeping my money? Will I get all my postage fees back?

Did a little research on that
They cant ask for you to pay the return postage,unless it was agreed PRIOR to you entering into the contract with the seller[ie bidding on the auction] Was there a written clause stating you have to pay refunds? --NO!.
then tough titty's love you pay the buyers return postage costs too
Not too sure on the refunding rules,but i'd think the seller would have to receive the goods before refund[including the return cost]
If she doesnt refund you or tries to withhold due to *damage that wasnt there when i sent it*[Bitchyness,take loads of photos before sending back to refute any damage claims] contact citizens advice and threaten court action,which she would lose due to the fact courts are only concerned with the facts
She got the facts wrong and therefore sold an item unfit for purpose

I dont know what happens to feedback on these problem sales ,if you leave it or whether its cancelled due to the problems
If you do have to leave feedback ,
Leave a neutral and something like -problems, though eventually resolved were made difficult by an obstinate seller
Not too insulting and it puts your point across better than
BAD SELLER,UNTRUSTWORTHY or some shit like that
she did after all make an honest mistake,ok her attitude sucks but......
[look after you're own karma :D ;) ]

dyna-ti":1dd2xziu said:
missmyfat":1dd2xziu said:

Did a little research on that
They cant ask for you to pay the return postage,unless it was agreed PRIOR to you entering into the contract with the seller[ie bidding on the auction] Was there a written clause stating you have to pay refunds? --NO!.
then tough titty's love you pay the buyers return postage costs too
Not too sure on the refunding rules,but i'd think the seller would have to receive the goods before refund[including the return cost]
If she doesnt refund you or tries to withhold due to *damage that wasnt there when i sent it*[Bitchyness,take loads of photos before sending back to refute any damage claims] contact citizens advice and threaten court action,which she would lose due to the fact courts are only concerned with the facts
She got the facts wrong and therefore sold an item unfit for purpose

I dont know what happens to feedback on these problem sales ,if you leave it or whether its cancelled due to the problems
If you do have to leave feedback ,
Leave a neutral and something like -problems, though eventually resolved were made difficult by an obstinate seller
Not too insulting and it puts your point across better than
BAD SELLER,UNTRUSTWORTHY or some shit like that
she did after all make an honest mistake,ok her attitude sucks but......
[look after you're own karma :D ;) ]

Thanks for replies guys.
Not to sure where you get your info from.
I have spoken to ebay/paypal and they are insisting that the buyer has to pay for the return postage costs. This stinks! I am now gonna have to pay for her mistake. I am thinking long and hard about shutting down my ebay and paypal accounts.

missmyfat":4gc5bcns said:
[ Its a woman! I am doomed. ;)

jeez you bought a bike frame from a Woman?!.... give up now and throw it away. Save your sanity . I wouldn't trust a woman to pump the tyres up properly. Sorry but thats the truth :roll:

To be fair to the seller they did offer you to collect the frame in person. If you had taken this option and found the frame not as described then your contract with the seller would have been null and void and you needen't of gone through with the purchase.

However you neither asked for more photos of the stays or collected it so I think you are just a bit unlucky really .You took a calculated risk and lost

Back