'92 bontrager race..a bit of a redux for '13

Little bit of an update..

Finally got around to changing the use post to a silver version and added some more appropriate tyres that I had lying around, not really wanting blackwalls or something so modern but they'll do until something more fitting comes along ;)

On closer inspection of the headtube it is looking more like a OR although I ain't going to lose too much sleep over that. The only thing needing sorting will be the cables ;) and possibly the decals, after seeing some of the other bontragers here it's tempting to sort them after all. Then it's off to somewhere scenic and better pictures :)

Attachments

• bonty 007.jpg
    bonty 007.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 2,346
Had another tinker today, decided to go back to the drawing board and fit some new decals today (from a certain individual on here..). To say I am pleased is an understatement, the frame now looks quite tidy, even the paint doesn't seem so bad :D

Also decided that the forks did look a bit odd with the crown backwards so remedied that. Tyres are now period (amberwall) ritchey and specialized items.

Who knows, I even may have it finished this weekend ;)

Attachments

• bonty 009.jpg
    bonty 009.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 906
  • bonty 010.jpg
    bonty 010.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 906
Thought I'd update this thread a bit...

I've finally got the bike up and running, excuse the road tyres but I've been commuting a bit on it recently and there's no where close by for me to get to at the moment to give the bike a proper shakedown unless I visit the folks a couple of hundred miles away! There's an amberwall smoke and dart combo pending to be fitted as soon as they arrive.

Other than that It's pretty much sorted bar a pulley wheel for the front mech but I'll get around to that eventually, and some decals for the stem, not too bothered about that really. Thanks again to defiant for the seatpost, makes the bike a bit more comfortable ;)

I'll post better pictures as soon as the fishing touches are erm...finished :)

Attachments

• Picture 004.jpg
    Picture 004.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 825
Re: '92 bontrager race lite rider

pete_mcc":1ebp7ktk said:
mynchiboy":1ebp7ktk said:
Saddle: Flite Ti
Seatpost: USE
Seatpost Binder: Hope

Mynchiboys seatpost being delivered yesterday:

xin_290604191443655106892.jpg