Let's see those retro road bikes

OK so it's a bit too big for me (stumpy legs) so I'm selling it, but it's still a cracking bike:

ywbd18.jpg

1990-ish Peugeot Electra.
Double Butted 501 tubeset.
Exage group.
Just a nice everyday roadbike.[/img]

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
legrandefromage":3m0wapem said:
Repack Rider":3m0wapem said:
Help me identify this seventies bike. It seems to be English, no evidence it ever had a serial number, all Campy, and a unique treatment of the bottom bracket, a heart cut out of the shell and the lug.

Nearly but not quite:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1973-De-Rosa-Eddy ... 240%3A1318

The bike I posted was crudely built by comparison, and the hearts on the DeRosa are done better. I noticed that the DeRosa heart cut out of the BB points the other direction.

I had a Colnago for a little over 30 years, and it had clover leafs cut out of the lugs. Finally broke the frame.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
My pride and joy is my 1987 Pennine roadbike. Raced hard from approx 1992 - 1998, many victories, many memories. Now retired to turbo training duties as I dont race anymore.

I also have a Raleigh Scorpio from 1993, that is festering in the garage loft at my parents house. It was only ever intended as my hack/training bike, and is kitted out with lights and mudguards! Never washed, never serviced, never missed a beat :cool:
(mine isnt this actual bike, as its legrandefromage's)

Attachments

• Scorpio.jpg
    Scorpio.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 3,854
  • Pennine.JPG
    Pennine.JPG
    53.6 KB · Views: 3,854
Again, posted before but here's mine, 1980s Claud Butler Dalesman before and after DIY restoration...

claudbutlerkb7.jpg

img4295se8.jpg

Bates Cantiflex

Previously owned 1949 bates Cantiflex built up for doing L'Eroica 2005 on.

Attachments

• 2373784141_9d738518a7.jpg
    2373784141_9d738518a7.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 8,328
Here's my work hack

Yes I hate the I'm waiting for a cinelli stem to arrive from of course

Attachments

• IMG_0002.JPG
    IMG_0002.JPG
    242.3 KB · Views: 8,311
Back