Coughing and wheezing

Pickle

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Thoughts on my health please people.

Until yesterday, the last ride outside I did was on the 27 December at Cannock. In between, I have been riding the turbo trainer 3 nights a week.

I had last week off the bike as I was on holiday, but I visited the hotel gym 3 times (treadmill and rowing machine for 30mins a time) and swam.

So, I went out for a ride yesterday, and whilst I felt ok in myself my chest felt a little tight and I was coughing a fair amount :( When not exercising, I am fine.

I dont smoke, and dont really drink a great deal. Any thoughts?

Maybe its just the cold air affecting you?, it reeks havoc on me nowadays.

Damn you winter!!!!

I get this with Cold air or bad polution in summer. I am guessing it may be just cold air causing your breathing tubes to contract, failing that is Manflu.

As per above link, I was diagnosed about 12 years ago with exercise induced asthma (I believe it may have been brought on after spray painting a car bonnet in my spare bedroom and inhaling a few noxious fumes :oops: ).
I had to use an inhaler which was taken before exercise and I was okay, and it generally only came on when my breathing was laboured.
Over the years it's gradually got less and less severe and I don't need an inhaler anymore.
It may be worth going to the quacks as they can do a simple test to establish if this is the problem.
Hope it's not this but worth getting checked to make sure.

you might just have a cough (or chest infection of some sort), mate. could be as simple as that.

i felt the same when got back on the bike after xmas break .
felt fine after a few days .

Back