The one and only "HOW MUCH IS MY xyz WORTH" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
sinnett177":84bitmrg said:
Would anyone be kind enough to put a price on this frame for me. It's a Peugeot Grisley 19". Showing some signs of age, but a nice thing. It needs to go so if I can get a rough price i'll advertise on here, if not off to ebay it goes.
nice frame! never seen one of these. hence have no prices to base an estimation on... but why not give it a try at 200euros?
what year is it btw.?

Saracen Sahara

Hi, i am thinking of parting with my Sahara Elite as it isnt used enough.
Anyone any idea of value? Will it be worth more as parts?
Spec - Saracen Sahara Elite frame, standard seatpost, bontrager rims on exage hubs, Wtb saddle, Easton Ea30 bars, Zoom bar ends, Kalloy Uno stem, Ritchey Logic brake levers with black Lx cantis, Deore Dx thumbies, Xt M730 Chainset, XT front & rear mech, Panaracer smoke tyres, Club Roost bottle cages, new bottom bracket, Manitou Sport forks.

Attachments

• ABCD0003.JPG
    ABCD0003.JPG
    70.4 KB · Views: 1,241
  • ABCD0004.JPG
    ABCD0004.JPG
    58.5 KB · Views: 1,241
Inigo Montoya":3pv65zeu said:
sinnett177":3pv65zeu said:
Would anyone be kind enough to put a price on this frame for me. It's a Peugeot Grisley 19". Showing some signs of age, but a nice thing. It needs to go so if I can get a rough price i'll advertise on here, if not off to ebay it goes.
nice frame! never seen one of these. hence have no prices to base an estimation on... but why not give it a try at 200euros?
what year is it btw.?
Thanks for your estimate. I think it's 92/93 found this pic of it's advert BITD, looks a real nice bike.
PeuTL1720.jpg

peuTL2520.jpg

gcwebbyuk":c5hi12qm said:
List of bits for prices please....

Rock Shox Judy XC - circa 1995 - with speed springs upgrade

Shimano Deore LX Groupset:
Shifters: SL-M569 8 speed rapidfire
V-Brakeset: BL-M600 (levers) - no visible product no on actual calipers
Rear Mech: RD-M567 - 8 Speed
Front Mech: FD-M567
SPDs: PD-M535
Crankset (inc BB): still on frame - no part number yet
Wheels: will confirm codes but same groupset - on Mavic rims
Tyres: Tioga City Slicker

USE aluminium seat post with shim - will confirm size

X-Lite Cross Country Riser Bar

X-Lite Stem Bolt

Saracen ProTrax SE Chromoly Frame

Thanks! :cool:
as to the catalogues the fork is 1997 and the lx groupset too.
my rough guesses are as follows:
Rock Shox Judy XC 60Euros
Shifters: SL-M569 8 speed 30Euros
V-Brakeset: BL-M600 (levers) 30Euros
Rear Mech: RD-M567 - 8 Speed 15Euros
Front Mech: FD-M567 10Euros
SPDs: PD-M535 ?
Crankset (inc BB) 40Euros
Tyres: Tioga City Slicker 20Euros/pair

Re: Saracen Sahara

chrisv40":1vorp1q7 said:
Spec - Saracen Sahara Elite frame, standard seatpost, bontrager rims on exage hubs, Wtb saddle, Easton Ea30 bars, Zoom bar ends, Kalloy Uno stem, Ritchey Logic brake levers with black Lx cantis, Deore Dx thumbies, Xt M730 Chainset, XT front & rear mech, Panaracer smoke tyres, Club Roost bottle cages, new bottom bracket, Manitou Sport forks.
don't think you'd make a fortune out of it. don't know too much about saracen though. there are some nice retro bits on there (chainset, thumbies, brake levers and fork) but nothing bling.

Inigo Montoya":17as4403 said:
Thanks for your estimate. I think it's 92/93 found this pic of it's advert BITD, looks a real nice bike.
very nice! guess that might sell easily on the german forum.
Might go down the ebay route with shipping to Germany and the word 'Kult' in the title then. Thanks very much for your help Inigo.

Re: Saracen Sahara

chrisv40":29ddn4of said:

Certainly worth more in parts. Get the allen keys out and take some nice pics. Don't be disappointed if it all does'nt sell at once, you can always re-advertise.

ok piccies added,

Pace RC36 Proclass Eddie Irvine limited edition:
P1000990.jpg

Middleburn red wheel set:
P1000991.jpg

P1000992.jpg

They are slightly faded, as is the way with red anno, however the pictures wash the colour out more than is actually the case. (also the hubs have been properly cleaned since the photos were done a few months back, just i cant get any new ones as they are in oxford and im in bournemouth at the mo)

sinnett177":2y47nben said:
Might go down the ebay route with shipping to Germany and the word 'Kult' in the title then. Thanks very much for your help Inigo.
i think its more essential to put the word "retro" in the title and post the link in the german for sale (which is legal by their rules). putting the shipping prices to germany in the listing will help too (30-40euros ?).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back