My new project!

Candy Blue is a single color that was used on the lower end Kleins. Your Attitude is painted Sea&Sky, the purple/blue to green fade paint. That was the stock color for the 1994 and 1995 Attitudes.

Cheers, Carsten

Before :

And now (in assembling) :

But I can t put my Topline crank.
Because the BB axe is too short. :(
Who has a solution?

Thanks a lot and Happy New Year!
;-)

Aha the Klein BB dilemma.

The BB you have is press fitted it seems and to remove it and replace with a longer axle will need the appropriate Klein tool. We have one here in Leam at John Atkins cycle shop as I got my headset done there on my 1992 Attitude.

I think the bike is made for a M900 xtr chainset - John V had the same problem with his - the BB is too short and can only run a very low profile crank.

Ive stuck with an m900 on mine as I think its really too much hassle to change. Also people have said makes a better overall drivetrain.

Thanks for these informations, jez-2-many-bikes.
I ll try to contact Trek. Maybe, they have some bb axes...

I research the headset tool :
mc2_detail_technik.jpg

Where I can find it?

www.sk1design.com":3patp95y said:
Thanks for these informations, jez-2-many-bikes.
I ll try to contact Trek. Maybe, they have some bb axes...

I research the headset tool :
mc2_detail_technik.jpg

Where I can find it?

they pop up on ebay.com from time to time. be sure to buy the larger one, the smaller ones are meant for the Quantum Pro road MC2!

this really nice guy (Andreas) in Switzerland has just offered one on the www.wundel.com forum

amaechler(at)gmx.net

say hello from me when you contact him ;)

Carsten

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back