Straight through block or similar

pistol13

Retro Guru
Anybody know if a seven speed block straigh through was ever available
e.g. 12-13-14-15-16-17-18- or something close
e.g. 12-13-14-15-17-19-20.

I want something along these lines for a retro tt build and dont know so much about blocks. Any experts out there :)

Suntour and Regina made seven speed 12-18 for sure. On ebay USA right now is a Regina 12-18 up for bid.

You write "block" so I presume you mean freewheel.

As in previous post - yes - they were available.

If OTOH you mean a cassette, then you will be struggling. Dura-Ace Uniglide was available as straight through 8-speed 13-19 but it's the wrong splines for Hyperglide hubs. (I have a couple which I never used)

i plan on doing similar . im going 5 speed with single sprockets on a cassette

ive seen regina freewheel ones on the bay go for about £12

they are still out there if you keep an eye out

the most common ones from mid 80's to the onset of cassettes were maillard. Ones with red spacers were 5 and 6 speed standard spacing (same as modern shimano 5 and 6 spacing) and compact (green spacers), same as shimano 7 speed spacing. Off the shelf ratios were available, but most racers had a custom spec block. You bought the body and then chose your spacers and sprockets from a board which used to be hung on the wall of a typical racers bikeshop. The first generation needed a 2-peg remover, but later on they had a splined remover which is the same as todays shimano blocks. They then had an 8 speed, but by then cassettes were in general use and eventually gave up.

old blocks are up for sale sometimes on the ctc forum, could try a wanted ad there.

There were some for sale yesterday at the manchester jumble. I should have got one myself!

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back