ANYONE EVER SEEN ANY OF THESE BEFORE?!?!?!?

Guru Zeb

Retro Newbie
I Bought these MONSTERS off a local stall for peanuts, wanted you guys to get a look at them.

Think they could have been made by a finish company called H.Mans.

Brace yourselves for the 80's world of SUSPENDED BAR ENDS.

CLOSE UP
PIC00853.jpg

ON BARS
PIC00855.jpg

ON BARS2
PIC00854.jpg

How totally nuts are these?!?!?

now I love those, so pointlessly over engineered - they must be german!

not sure with where the springs are how they would have actually achieved anything except soften the blow if you hit a tree head on while holding the bar ends and cycling backwards at the same time - surely wouldn't help on up/down bumps?!! :shock:

:LOL:

Oh my!

I love the look of them but I can't see any practical reason for them to exist! :) Somebody must know something about them??

are they for running dual slalom gates? IE protecting your hands & bouncing the poles off the bars?

Crikey :shock: ....Are you sure thats what they are intended for?? I have to say i have some doubts :?

Imagine also if you swiped a branch of a tree in passing with your hands on the normal part of the handlebars and the springloaded bit compressed onto your hands - ouch! :shock:

mh1000":bkbo61k0 said:
Crikey :shock: ....Are you sure thats what they are intended for?? I have to say i have some doubts :?

dunno! total guess! :LOL: .. I remeber robbie rupe used similiar to profile durango 1 piece barends (similair to scott AT4s) purely for dual slalom use & thats what made me think of it.

scant":zm1c33dt said:
are they for running dual slalom gates? IE protecting your hands & bouncing the poles off the bars?

all i can add to this idea is it seems unlikely since the bar ends had old tatty grips on them when i 1st got them, i removed them to clean them and check for defects.

Back