How much and how to post a bike to Germany ?

Interparcel as recommended on here

I have got a quote to send to Holland and germany for £40+ vat ?

Germany

Interparcel didn't want to know, quoted into three figures for just a frame weighing 4.7kg all in! Its all about the size of the package, not so much the weight, I still feel its off to be into three figures though! Titanium frame packed up small, only weighed 4.7kg via Parcel force standard insured £50. So a whole bike will be a whole lot more.
Personally I wouldn't bother, it's off to kill the deal.

I sent a complete Cinder Cone to Australia for £102 using parcel2go.com... must be less for Europe. It's all about the size of the package really more than the weight. That one was 100 x 60 x 20cm.

what does it weigh and how small can you get the box? i have an account with interparcel so i get discount. i cam sort the booking for you to make it cheaper? i also know how nuch the sizes and weights can be massaged by!!

Interparcel didn't want to know, quoted into three figures for just a frame weighing 4.7kg

Thats dead weird I only got my quotes mid-week :?

Costs

Yea, I checked three times, wanted £119, but the box was 155cms long by 68cms by 22. Think it was a size thing. Also, as I live on my own and travel bout with my work, I had nowhere to leave it to pick up. Nearest drop off point was a UPS depot 72 miles away!
The value makes a big difference too as it was a Ti frame, needed £500 cover, which doubled the cost!

Try one of the international courier companies on Ebay (Parcel2Ship, Smart Parcel, EZ Delivery etc.)

They are mostly Parcelforce and DHL re-sellers, but their rates are much cheaper you don't have to set up a customer account and all that rubbish.

Max length is 120cm, I think.
So a big bike (like a 29er) will need to be split into 2 boxes.
Around £20 to £25 per parcel standard fee (But I added lots of extra insurance as the bike's worth a lot).
Collected UK Friday; should arrive Germany Monday/ Tuesday.

Back