NE & Yorks Group- Moorland Meanderings- Sat March 14th

Draft route now sorted, just need to run it past Gil for local knowledge. Its 13.5 miles but has room for a little extra. Very old school with combo of fast downhills, steep climbs, shooting roads, single and double track, moorland and woodland. Some great scenery on this one and pub stops at 3/4 distance and the finish.
If route is given the all clear meeting point will be Russels Cafe at 8.30 for breakfast and then non locals can travel in convoy up to Newton on Rawcliffe without getting lost. You local guys can join us at The Mucky Duck around 9:30 for a 10ish start if cooking at home.

Cheers
Si

Would be nice to see some fresh faces out next month. Quite a few RB members close-ish to the Moors, where are you all?

Come on it's getting milder by the week- let's be havin' yer!

Si

Dr S":28tktv83 said:
If route is given the all clear meeting point will be Russels Cafe at 8.30.

Cheers
Si

The route description sounds fine but where is Russels Cafe? Could you provide a location and map ref for us who've never been there before?

Or even the Mucky Duck for anyone who's late away. (like me probably!)

Russells is on the High street in Pickering 100yds frm the car park on the A170- easy least to find. Mucky Duck (now the White Swan) is in Newton on Rawcliffe. To get there turn right (when travelling west) from A170 at the lights (sp. NYMR station) and just keep going for about 3 miles. Pub is on right in the first village you get to. I'll post up my mobile number the day before so don't panic my friend.

Si

Thanks Si. I should be able to find either of them now. I'm still on for the ride but anything can happen 'twixt now and then!

Any definite thoughts on the 'mini-rally stages'?

I'm considering entering a 10mile time trial on the Sunday morning so don't want to ruin my form ;)

Looking forward to this one Si and indeed Scunny the next day. A small rally stage would be a bonus as old (odd) Ned said.

Dr S":1b0g8pvc said:
Would be nice to see some fresh faces out next month. Quite a few RB members close-ish to the Moors, where are you all?

Si

Waiting for some hub parts on my modern bike, looking for a bigger frame for my retro while trying not to look at my depressingly muscle free legs too much!

:oops: Sorry guys but something at home has turned up and i won't be able to make this ride. Hoping to re-run in March when I have murdered a few builders and hidden the bodies.

There has been a suggestion of a run around Dalby instead of me getting you lost on the moors so bicker amongst yourselves and try and salvage something of the day if you like ;)

I've PMed all the definates- sorry again but its unavoidable

Cheers
Si

Sorry to hear this Si - but possibly the weather (and conditions!) will be better later in the year. Hope you get yourself sorted out OK.

I'll just have to go to the Whalley jumble and spend some money instead!

And rest for my 10 mile effort on the Sunday.

Old Ned":1043nv64 said:
Sorry to hear this Si - but possibly the weather (and conditions!) will be better later in the year. Hope you get yourself sorted out OK.

I'll just have to go to the Whalley jumble and spend some money instead!

And rest for my 10 mile effort on the Sunday.

I'll join Ned at the Whalley Jumble and ride at Scunthorpe on the Sunday. Will definitely be interested in this later in the year though.

Back