So, what you all up to this weekend...

Trip to the racehorse trainers in t'countryside early tomorrow morning for their monthly syndicate/committee meeting - basically involves standing on the gallops watching the horses, then hot bacon rolls and coffee back at the farmhouse! Then off to Kempton Park in the afternoon as it's free entry for the racing... :)

Sunday, might take the Yo for a quick spin to get the leg muscles working, then off to the yard to ride as I've committed myself to doing a showjumping show in Feb and can't actually jump yet... ;) Methinks a little practice might be in order!

There may be beer involved somewhere as well!

Erm well last night I went out drinking with the girlfriend no hangover though which is just as well as I've got work today, then I'll be looking after my little boy when I get back until my girlfriend gets back from work, and tomorrow I'm going to take my downhill rig out for a bit of a gentle thrash lol.

Visit mother (once a year thing) and nick one of her secret stash of inhalers cos I've ran out of em as I'm suffering with frog throat and man-flu which makes breathing even harder for me, get into the loft to hide the Xmas decs and crappy pressies we got, drink loadsa Rum (Medicinal) and no doubt I will end up doing more house chores .

No cycle shed land for me this weekend :(

today
put christmas tree thru shredder and take it and other assorted junk
to the coup (pronounced cowp) rake thru metal skip for "gold"
tidy dog shit from garden ,(not been out side for a few days)
sunday
wifey wants a new car trawl local garages for new car probably arnold shark's ,will then inherit her civic R and she gets small economical
box thing (kia somethingorother)
mikee

Just stumbled on this thread and wanted to report on the boy Hilts' performance on Saturday. He was right - it was bloody murder. 4/16/4 miles run/bike/run. All off road

I got there a bit early so did a warm-up lap of the bike and you should have seen his face when I got back - because you couldn't see mine! The bike course was a good mix of up, down, single, fire track but with a number of puddles comfortably swallowing your hubs and ranging from 2 to 10 metres across it was pretty mucky. 100 people and 4 laps weren't going to make it much better!

The run sections weren't much fun either - 2 lots of 3 laps, with parts steep and muddy enough to need hands to help, puddles up to your calves and a nice sandy section.

I haven't seen the final scores yet, but anyone who finished deserves credit!

Back