Anybody else race RC cars?

Not RC cars but I do occasionally fly RC planes.
I went to a demonstration show just before Christmas with the kids. There was a chap there with a scale typhoon jet. I say scale but it was nearly as big as my car, well he was flying it around and some serious speed when he did this lovely flyby over the field and crashed it. :shock:
The whole place went quite everyone looked like they where in shock. Just then one of my 6 year olds said within ear shot of the pilot ‘well I think he was flying that too fast’.
I would say that there was very little salvageable from the wreck. And I hate to wonder what the cost would be to replace it, makes retro bikes a cheap hobby in comparison.

Here are some pics of my 1/5th scales. Didn't get time to use them much last year so am thinking that some may have to go. I also have got an FG Marder and this one will probably go first.

Attachments

• DSCF1825.JPG
    DSCF1825.JPG
    54.1 KB · Views: 943
  • DSCF1824.JPG
    DSCF1824.JPG
    48.8 KB · Views: 943
showtime":evmzb5ms said:
Schumacher are still around & still doing really well at the moment
their touring cars are still right up there & they just released a new version of the Cat for offroad, the Cat SX

schumachercatsx-3.jpg

for tenth offroad i run the Associated B4 in 2wd & the B44 in 4wd :twisted:

cant fault your choice of race weapons there mate

nice collection there Supra :cool:

losidan i did both classes. 2 & 4wd

i sucked badly at both :oops:

car looked OK tho ;)

img_6859.jpg

come on then...what finals were you in?

Car looks cool...are there any of your B4 too?....nice paint job....

must of been mad running at a big meeting like that

is that at an oople logo I see in the background?

I used to race a mugen 1/8th scale with a novarossi engine, I wasn't very good, but I loved it, I still have a tamiya super sabre, pics are, on here somewhere....,it has a thundershot body shell...

car_414.jpg

I sold my mugen reluctantly when I was desperate for money about 11 years back, really regret that now with a 10 year old son about.

The Ken":2er98vlr said:
I used to race a mugen 1/8th scale with a novarossi engine, I wasn't very good, but I loved it, I still have a tamiya super sabre, pics are, on here somewhere....,it has a thundershot body shell...

car_414.jpg

I sold my mugen reluctantly when I was desperate for money about 11 years back, really regret that now with a 10 year old son about.
classic tamiya there mate...

i used to go to watch the nitro on roads at halifax now and again...ridiculously fast..would love to have one though
I love the smell of nitro in the morning :D

Latest posts

Back