Cannondale Killer V ***progress report***

yeah white decals and white brake cables was an option and would prob. be very cool but I wanted a simple black and silver look- contrast with my bright clockwork, I am swaying towards a non-flashy utilitarian machine these days- that and the fact it makes a cheap build ;)

Wanted to post some nice outdoor pictures but it has been pissing down here :evil: .

Finished and ready for dunkeld :cool:

Attachments

• dale8 (Large).jpg
    dale8 (Large).jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 7,533
  • dale7(large).jpg
    dale7(large).jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 7,533
  • dale6 (Large).jpg
    dale6 (Large).jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 7,533
  • dale5 (Large).jpg
    dale5 (Large).jpg
    101 KB · Views: 7,533
SOME MORE......

Attachments

• dale4 (Large).jpg
    dale4 (Large).jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 7,531
  • dale3 (Large).jpg
    dale3 (Large).jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 7,531
  • dale2 (Large).jpg
    dale2 (Large).jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 7,531
  • dale1 (Large).jpg
    dale1 (Large).jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 7,531
I'm begining to think its the rules that a polished alloy rigid dale SS conversion using only half links for perfect tension must be among the collective MacRetro bikes :D

Kaiser has one, then he sells it, then Clockworkgazz gets one !

I for one will not become part of this pattern........must.........resist......

Splendid work chap :D I can see why your force 40 isn't working the best,to set up have the straddle wire from the canti to force 40 straight and the same for the wire from lever to canti.

you can give me a wee tutorial when we meet up- after about 2 hrs I have the brakes working pretty good so am not fettling until I'm sure I know what you mean :LOL: Cheers :cool:

Thanks for the kind words folks.

It has not got dirty yet so is pretty easy to keep clean ;)

The polished look is great but it does require ongoing work unlike a paint job, as the al does oxidise and becomes dull.

I stripped the paint with nitromores and once it was the bare frame cleaned it first with brillo pads then scotchbrite pads and finally very fine wire wool to get the surface as smooth as poss.

Then I used brasso and lots of buffing- repeat until happy with the shine. Kind of zen like approach is needed esp. in the nooks and cranies. Kaiser (the master buffer) then used a special chemical that protects the al shine, I used a car wax but this will wash/wear away and a good buff will be needed periodically- well worth the effort IMHO.

Decals I got from dave h and another member whoes name escapes me :oops: to much wine- however I really need period correct ones o the retro bike member Gil_m will be called into action, he will sort you out there.

You have th makings of a great bike and even on the short ride I have been on I think a bit of front bounce will be very welcome- This frame is light and responsive but pretty unforgiving esp. as I am used to steel machines.

Look forward to your progress boothy

Back