Marin Team Issue

The frame is plated Tange Ultimate Superlight, I do intend putting the original forks back on and thanks for the info about the tyres being Smokes

Still not sure myself about the purple bits, but want to keep as original as possible, maybe lose the bottle cage and keep the wheels with purple nipples.

Looking forward to getting it and most of all having a ride, better pics to follow next week

ya know... One Mans Poison is another Mans food.. wonder if he still has that awful (just what I am looking for to finish my Marin) purple cage? PM sent

...actually, they are to my taste too. The purple parts look just right on the silver Nail trail.

There do seem to be a lot of 'non-believers' out there.

Here it is finished in case you missed the thread, back to the spec as it was new apart from the Purple Q/R Seat Binder and the Marin Ti Saddle

Must do some new pics because I have them now :D

marin_team_issue_009_331.jpg

looking good.

Will it/ does it, see the trail?

(do you know the paint details... manufacturer/colour/stock number, etc of the purple touch up that you used? I was lucky enough to find the original Marin touch up bottles that were supplied with my bike.. luck soon turned, as they are both dried up :x )

Don't think it will be getting too dirty, definitely a fair weather ride.

Sorry I don't know the paint code, found the best match I could from the car spares shops.
Managed to find one for the dark Purple, but only used it on some old flat pedals as luckily didn't need it for the frame (lacquered)

Back