The 'Introduce Yourself Here' thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rode a Clockwork Orange most Sundays in 1989, then switched to an Alpinestars for the next four years ;)

Cool forum - brings back memories.

flyingwelshman said:
Rode a Clockwork Orange most Sundays in 1989, then switched to an Alpinestars for the next four years ;)
quote]

If I didnt know better I'd say you're Tim Davies? :shock: Honoured to have you on here if so :D

Hi all,

Well me = just new here. Just stumbled upon this website while searching the net.

Anywayz, this is a real interesting site so I registered. I'm from Holland and been into MTB since around 1991. Got my first bike back then, a cool Raleigh Discovery with thumb shifters and a full Shimano 200GS group.

In 1993 I bought my 2nd bike, a Specialized Stumpjumper FS. Still got that one and gonna build it up again this year once I get the right parts. Since the bike was silver with purple decals I wanna rebuild it with some purple parts (like seatpost/handlebar/nuts&bolts etc). And after this one I hope to someday get my hands on one of those cool red/white/green KLEIN Attitudes from 91/92 (with that cool beefy front fork).

Other bike I have is a Specialized M2 Team from 1996:

http://www.en12-82.net/sworksteam.htm

And bought me a Scott Scale 20 in 2005... Well, that's about it. Keep up the good work here, lotsa nice pics :)

Cheers!

Why o why did my mate have to tell me about this site?

The pain of looking at the bikes and stuff and saying to my wife "you know that JUNK you made me throw away?"

Hello, my names John, i live in Devon, and i used to suffer from a craving for CNC machined parts.

Thankfully it's not all gone, so i've dug out my ride from '95 with intention of making it good again.

It's a AMP B3, with XT, except for Middleburn cranks. It's got a Control Tech seat post Manitou 1/1/8" ahead stem, Flite saddle, one of those cable guide things for the rear mech, 32 hole Bontrager rims (Valliant front/Mustang rear).

It's currently on Bombers on the front, '96 ones, the short travel (Z2's i think) but the original AMP forks sre going back on!

It was purchased from Kev (of the Cheviot Hill Billies, when they had a shop) for 2 reasons, he couldn't get me a Proflex at the time, and i couldn't afford a Mantis Pro-Floater!

I'mguessing there's not many of these left now, they had a reputation for being a bit fragile, i obviously don't ride hard enough.

Now, where can i get some AMP discs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back