Lights : Underrated!

J i m s t e r

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Rode home in the dark without a front light last night. Not done it for years, never on this route. Pretty sphincter-clenching coming down an unlit hill at about 35-40mph and not being able to see the kerbs or white line! Previously I'd always thought they were more useful for making others see you rather than me being able to see where I was going!

Anyway, the Mrs got me a set from Tesco on her way back and I fitted the front at home yesterday. And to be honest, it's pretty good! Really does light the road well. These are the ones they sell for £15:

http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.202-3716.aspx
AW07202-3716TPS206336.jpg

I got to thinking that I could do with a few of 'em, as my sphincter had yet to slacken. But I am good for rear lights. I just wanted the front. Then a quick search of ebay revealed what I believe to be the same front light, but for £0.99p...

Search for ebay 370105880971 & Fill yer boots

Tesco. The robbing b@stards!

We used to sell the same 5LED front light in our shop under a different brand name, £12.99.

Damn bright, great for road riding, didn't try them off road though, it might work as a cheap headtorch, a few zip ties & bingo!

Tescos do a 3w Cree LED torch for £8.
If you can find a way of fixing them to your bars, you can have a couple and knock a lot of halogen lights into the weeds.
My Busch & Muller Lumotec (serious quality touring bike lamp) was sold very quickly after I bought one. Batteries only last 2 hours, but I can carry 2 spare AAs, and 4 hours is enough for me in the winter.

chris667":2m74qcxh said:
Tescos do a 3w Cree LED torch for £8.
If you can find a way of fixing them to your bars, you can have a couple and knock a lot of halogen lights into the weeds.
My Busch & Muller Lumotec (serious quality touring bike lamp) was sold very quickly after I bought one. Batteries only last 2 hours, but I can carry 2 spare AAs, and 4 hours is enough for me in the winter.

I've already got 2 C cell and 1 AA cell Tesco Crees for modification but for a commuter, this 150 hour solution is far superior IMHO. Fit and forget, basically.

These were bought for ridin to work,The exposure lights are for play time!

:?:

While I'm here. Is there a similar rear light on eBay? I just dug mine out this morning and it's pathetic and seems to have many a loose connection.

Back