Alpinestars al mega

goodas12003

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hi everyone, done a few mod's to the Alpinestar's of late. I have converted it to run 8 speed now as i bought some STX-RC / Mavic wheel's off Bikehoarder (Cheer's Mate) which are in amazing condition and i had a STX-RC 8 speed changer so on it went! Up front, i have alway's had front derailieur problem's with this bike as it's not clamped round the frame like most and when you were shifting up and down the front ring it used to move all over the show so decided to bin that off and got a 36 tooth Blackspire cnc'd chainring. As it's not used on road, this lot give's me all the gear's i need. Changed the tyre's for these repo Onza Porc's in kevlar and although im not to arsed about weight, the are only 540 gram's each which is nearly half of the tioga's they replace! I was going to change the colour of the frame but it has kinda grown on me so it's staying as is for now. Lock on grip's with a splash of red ano here and there finish it off for now but will prob replace the rear mech with a more up market one (XT or XTR) soon enough. Hope you like it as much as i do. Thank's for havin a look. Ta Dave.

Attachments

• 100_0512.JPG
    100_0512.JPG
    135.9 KB · Views: 1,438
That´s a fantastic bike...I´ve always loved elevated chainstays...and that blue is awesome...but please, please, go for some flat bars or at least remove the spacers and cut the steerer tube...

Have I said that the bike is fantastic?

Yeh, think you are right about the stem , think i'll drop one of the bigger stack's out of it and cut the steerer down to suit. My idea was to leave plenty of adjustment but looking at it, i can see it look's slightly at odd's! By the way, has anyone got a headtube decal for this as the one's i see on ebay seem to wide and would go all the way round the headtube. Think i may of sorted an XT rear mech for it as well now, so that will finish it off nicely. You can just keep going on and on in this game but if i get those little bit's changed i think i am there. I have to say that ive never ridden a bike that get's people coming over to talk about it as this one. thank's for your comment's, Dave.

Also got an Alpinestars project on the go. Cr-Mega in fluoro glory. Gotta love it or hate it. Needing a chainset and front mech. Got black LX cantis to go on it v. soon. Still rides great. Everybody loves a tight back end, don't they?

Meant to add picture but got side-tracked!!!

Attachments

• 2351123971_ec0eddeff1.jpg
    2351123971_ec0eddeff1.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 1,231
Back