Cycle Jumble Manchester Sunday 18th

Old Ned

Old School Grand Master
Being held at the Velodrome, website says opening to the public at 11.00, £2 entry fee or £1 for concessions.

I think this is quite a large one so could be well worth going.

Managed to get there in plenty of time and found that I was standing next to Kingcutter in the queue. Met Sinett177 and rc300 - and spent much to much money!

2 pairs of wheels - an 'Old Skool' time trial (LF Campag Record on GP4 tubular rims 28 spoke) and a 'New Skool' time trial (Shimano Ultegra clincher type with virtually no spokes!).
2 pairs of racing shorts (1 bib, 1 normal) brand new for £10
A bag of 13 inner tubes for £3 but all punctured - but still a bargain for spares IMHO
2 Michelin unused and wrapped Axial Sport 700c clinchers for £10
1 pair Cinelli bars £3
A new wrapped windproof and thermal training top £45 (less than half price)
New 8 speed KMC chain £5

I could have spent LOTS more including buying bikes and frames!

My friend sold 5 frames including 2 Hetchins to a Japanese guy who was taking them back to Japan - along with a complete Colnago he'd bought.

There were some excellent buys to be had, worth going next year if you can.

Really enjoyed it yesterday. Spent £250! But came away with a complete bike and a bag full of spares. Will look out for these in the future, thanks for the tip odd Ned.

sinnett177":2g0l5rus said:
Really enjoyed it yesterday. Spent £250! But came away with a complete bike and a bag full of spares. Will look out for these in the future, thanks for the tip odd Ned.

:?:

I know I'm a bit peculiar - but not odd. Both halves are an identical match :)

Glad you and your wallet enjoyed themselves.

I think the bike was a steal at that price ;)

Lucky bugger the bike was a gem of a find! Wish I got to it first :LOL:

Any hoo came away with a few little finds of my own. Good day oot and even saw 3 guys I used to work with.

Old Ned":vkhuu0zt said:
sinnett177":vkhuu0zt said:

Odd Ned that might just stick you know! It's often been said your only 25 but had a hard paper round.

sinnett177":1lmrz34c said:
Old Ned":1lmrz34c said:
sinnett177":1lmrz34c said:

Odd Ned that might just stick you know! It's often been said your only 25 but had a hard paper round.

Eee, aye lad, it were hard when I were a lad. Did I tell yer abaht the time when................................................?

By eck, I've forgot wot I were goin' ter say!?

Back