Pace RC300

Thanks for the replies guys.
World ranger- the rear mech weighs 205g, thanks for your suggestion on cassettes but I find the sram 990's last longer than the xtr.
Kingroon- Cheers I have actually submitted my pace on light bikes early last year, with no reply. Thats after I weighed everything in OCD fashion. I don't think the site is updated very often.
MadCowKev- You're going to have to trust me on this one, it's 18.6lbs I have witnesses ( Back me up AndyMc :cool: ). I'm afraid the lightweight tubes are in the bin after many punctures, and the tyres are sold as of last week, because they don't like mud or wet at all.
Pete - your right new inner tubes were needed! :roll:
Interesting comments about the forks chaps, they are 440's, what size were you suggesting? I thought 440mm were suspension corrected for 100mm travel forks, is that wrong?? :oops:
dbmtb-It certainly rides well for a bike that's geometry is "shot", and the chain has never fallen off under shifting in a few thousand miles. It's only when I crash ;)
Again cheers for your comments chaps, keep em comin.

Pace

I see the Geometry as spot on, any shorter forks and the front end would be way too low and attempting anything like a steep run down would be very sketchy indeed, the bars are low enough as it is. Why would the chain drop off? If the chain line is correct and chain tension correct, it's not a DH sled? No I feel its spot on.

Just to throw a curve ball into the arena , I owned a Ibis mojo last year running 80 mm forks, even though the correct spec should have been 63 mm , I felt this was spot on , and never had any problems, having looked at ya Pace though fella, it certainly looks a little high on the front end, but, its all in the riding fella, if it rides how you like it, Who cares ? :)

Overall a nice job fella.. :)

Sithlord":3npmigf9 said:
having looked at ya Pace though fella, it certainly looks a little high on the front end, but, its all in the riding fella, if it rides how you like it, Who cares ? :)

Word.

Cheers dude, I reckon you could pick one up for about £400 now, they come up occasionally on ebay. I can highly recommend these frames! :cool: :D

RC300s were built when 63mm was the travel on RC38s, soon 80mm was standard. Remember these were meant as lightning fast race machines so long travel not needed (you have to suffer for your art)

I have to agree it does look odd to me, but it's your bike. At least you haven't put Not-Pace forks on it <shudders> The egg beaters offend me more than slightly too long forks.

Back