there was alot of swearing in the workshop today

About 15 years ago, a mate of mine worked 3 jobs for over a year and finally saved up enough to buy a *new* Yamaha TZR250 - his ulitmate dream! He rode it just 2 miles home in the wet and it got a tad dirty, so i volunteered to give it a wash (i just wanted to drool on it really). Took it off the stand, and uh-oh, it's heavy. Damp grips slipped thru my fingers - SPANG! It took most of the paintwork off the right hand side faring and gas tank (plus a nice dent to boot), bent the handlebars and foot pedal. I shat myself. I've never seen a bloke try to hold back tears that much..

He forgave me (unbelievable) but never really saw the funny side (unsurprising) and then totalled it about a month later (forgot about the power band during a savage wheelie) and claimed it was nicked and got his money back anyway.. Another poor soul i knew once got himself a ffitt Santa Cruz Heckler - he never really rode it, just liked the look of it (sacrilege!) and kept it nice 'n shiny hanging on his bedroom wall (tart) - he knocked over a damned expensive speaker on it, massive dink on the top tube and one broken expensive speaker. You are not alone my friend!! :roll: ;)

Theres the time that I picked up a can of silver Plasticote instead of WD-40.

Luckily WD-40 also gets rid of Plasticote before it drys.... :oops:

Your stories of pain remind me of something I did the other week.

Cleaning off a beautiful condition blue ringle holey skewer and slip - onto one of the yard paving slabs. Flinkin Blip..... :evil: Anodising left on the floor.

Don't you just hate it whan that happens.....

Back