ebay am I wrong? (probably!)

missmyfat

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Have bought a frame off evil bay on sunday, the seller has just emailed me to tell me that they will despatch the item on saturday. Is it just me or is that not really acceptable?, I always make every effort to despatch the very next day.
The seller said they cant get to the post office in the week so I pointed out that perhaps ending an auction on a sunday night might not be a good idea :evil:
They came back with some guff about buyers taking time to pay, so now I am penalised for paying at the end of the auction.
So what do you think? Am i being unreasonable?

So what do you think? Am i being unreasonable?

I would say yes .... People do have lives too ?

Im not the quickest of senders but always try and be away within a week, I have 100% feedback over 230 transations??

Things crop up too , I have no car at the moment (garage ) and live in the country which is a pain to sort stuff out and have some stuff to send out ... not sent out after a week takes the pee .... Next day is great but anything befoe that is acceptable in my eyes ? :?

sorry mate..... but i would say you are being a bit unreasonable,
ending an auction on a sunday is often thought to be the best time to end one being that most people are sitting at home by the computer, getting ready for the monday morning at work the next day.... i would say its acceptable to wait up to a week for a seller to post out an item.
i live in the darkest depths of the countryside and its often hard for me to make the post office to post stuff. so i do understand his argument.
sorry........... :)
cheers

Being unreasonable, nothing wrong with posting on the Saturday, they even emailed you to let you know when it would be posted. You can't get fairer than that.

something like a frame I would expect to wait 2 weeks normally as it's not like you can even just 'nip' to the post office in a lunch break with a great big box like that :shock: or if you are having a courier collect it's even worse as you have to take time off work.

I can sympathise, but I think it's pretty normal for large items at least.

I agree that the seller is being a bit unreasonable. I plan my auctions and indeed retrobike sales to coincide with my days off. Then as soon as someone pays I can despatch same or next day, as soon as they have paid I no longer see that item as my property. If i am going to be delayed in posting I let them know before they bid/pay by making it clear on the auction.

I plan my auctions to coincide with my days off as well. However sometimes buyers don't pay straight away and when they do pay I'm back at work so the plan goes tits up! With an item as big as a bike or frame it takes time to collect a box big enough, it takes time to safely pack it, it takes time to organise a trip to the post office. You could always collect the box before the end of the auction but sometimes you just don't get the chance. At least the seller has contacted you and been honest with you. I know it's like being a kid at Christmas but be patient! I'm sure it'll be worth the wait!

i had similar when waiting for my dirtbike to arrive from Ireland

left it 2 weeks as it had to travel a fair distance and didnt want to be the prick constantly messaging :LOL: but when i did he told me he hadnt sent it out yet :x 2 sodding weeks to get a box sent out and then i had to wait another week for it to arrive :(

ebay does my nut in , 9 day auction that has a solitary ( ie mine ) bid then 5 people rush in with 20 seconds to go , no dignity to it anymore . it could do with a random generated end time , that would give the 3second to go bidders a kick in the balls :LOL:

Back