The one and only "HOW MUCH IS MY xyz WORTH" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Manitou FS - Handyman's Special - Whats its worth

wab1234":egvg0kis said:
I have a 1993 Manitou FS that I would like to know its worth. The frame has a crack in the chainstay which I read that "cracking" was a hallmark of its design. The shocks on both ends needs bumpers and the components are nothing to write to home about. Wheelset needs to be replace. For the curious, I'll list the components:

Frame: Manitou FS - date of completion: Feb 5, 1993, #FS0259
Fork: Manitou 3
Headset: Answer no-name
Stem and Handlebars: Syncos/Hyperlite
Shifters: Sachs 8-speed
Brakes/levers: XT V-brakes/Avid Ultimate levers (converted to V-brake design - nicest brake levers made IMHO)
Seat: Bontrager wingless design (most uncomfortable seat ever!)
Seatpost: Answer no-name (has a crack in it).
Wheelset: I won't bother - they're really worn out!
Cassette: XTR 8 speed- 1997 version (titanium and equally worn)
Rear/Front Derailler: XTR/XTR - 1995 version
Cranks: Raceface IP (Circa 1995)
please resize the picture if you plan to post here again :)
i have a huge monitor (24") but still have to scroll horizontally (wich is a PITA).
manitous are a real pain to make estimations for. if there are no cracks they are worth quite a lot but 80% of the frames are shot.
if yours has a crack in the chainstay i'm quite sure that some more cracks are hidden elsewere (pivots, headtube asf.). you need to take a VERY close look to find out...
lets assume the frame is shot then you still have some adorable items on there - especially for those lucky guys with noncracked manitous. the front derailleur is quite rare. its a m900 braze on. my guess 40euros. the seatpost is special. 60 euros. the fork is a manitou 4 with ruined elastomers. 50 euros. cranks are nice. 100 euros. to make the long story short 350 euros for the lot. but sell it to someone who knows what to do with it. that bike shouldn't be ridden anymore!
cheers

Grannville":1imlegk0 said:
I've been offered this RC200 any ideas on what it might be worth, been well used and in ok nick, no flash parts etc.

any ideas?
don't have that much of a feel for retro pace prices. if the frame is ok i.e. no dents, cracks i'd start negotiating at 250euros and stop at 400 (depending on the "fell in love with the bike"-factor). the stem looks quite oxidized and the fork shot (needs tlc). so i guess the rest is in just/hopefully usable condition. arguments to keep the price low.

Price on a single, used klein deathgrip tyre, logos good but the tread has some wear... more show than go.

JeRkY":1j1mpdcz said:
Price on a single, used klein deathgrip tyre, logos good but the tread has some wear... more show than go.
hmmm... the nos factor is what takes the price up to the sky afaik. but 20 euros would be ok i guess.

tiboltrider123":2d1hudgu said:
How much? Mongoose Amp '92 frame and fork only. New project forces sale. Ace condition.

I sold this Mongoose AMP frame and forks on here not long ago for £180 (not including postage), that was including headset, front mech and stem.

Didn't take long to sell at that price though and had a fair bit of interest in it.

mongooserear.jpg

1995ish Parallax XT / Mavic 237 wheels

Shimano XT hubs laced to 32h Mavic 237 rims. 8sp hub and XT skewers.

These came off a higher model Barracuda from 1995. Wheels are in great shape as are the skewers. The wheels still have the original reflectors and spoke protector on them. The person I bought the bike from said it had never been used off-road. I haven't looked closely at the cassette, not sure what model it is.

Any ideas? I'm in the US if that matters. Thanks for any info you can provide.

IMG_0960.jpg
[/img]

Re: 1995ish Parallax XT / Mavic 237 wheels

longtimecudafan":8s34qqp5 said:
Shimano XT hubs laced to 32h Mavic 237 rims. 8sp hub and XT skewers.

These came off a higher model Barracuda from 1995. Wheels are in great shape as are the skewers. The wheels still have the original reflectors and spoke protector on them. The person I bought the bike from said it had never been used off-road. I haven't looked closely at the cassette, not sure what model it is.

Any ideas? I'm in the US if that matters. Thanks for any info you can provide.
which model are the hubs? M737/M738 or M750?
used rimbrake wheelsets in good condition might go for ~70euros on ebay. add ~15 euros for the cassette.

TIOGA HO Ti

Used these for a short while before moving to spd. Value anyone ?

Attachments

• Picture 120 (Medium).jpg
    Picture 120 (Medium).jpg
    81 KB · Views: 1,246
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back