Kona Cindercone...

James

Kona Fan
Feedback
View
White and singlespeed, something different :roll:
Built this for very little money, has been great. First SS bike i've owned and i'm sold on the idea now. I love it because there's no springs and less bearings to go wrong. Just keep pedalling and it will keep going. I ride this more than any other bike I own.

Frame: Kona Cindercone

Fork: Kona P2 Rigid

Headset: Cane Creek S2
Stem: Ringlé
Handlebar: Easton EA50 Monkeybar
Grips: Gusset Bastard
Barends: Gusset

Brakes: Avid 1.0 SL
Brake Pads: Avid/Aztec
Brake Cables: Clarks
Cantilever cable hangers: ----
Brake Levers: Avid 1.0 Opposite Colourway

Shifters: -----
Front Derailleur: -----
Rear Derailleur: Gusset Bachelor SS Tensioner
Derailleur Cables: -----
Cassette: 24-Seven SS Kit 16t
Chain: KMC
Cranks: Truvativ Firex
Crank Bolts: Truvativ
Chainrings: Shimano Hone 32t
Chainring bolts: Truvativ
Bottom Bracket: Shimano
Pedals: Planet X

Hub Skewers: Shimano
Rims: WTB Dual Duty
Hubs: Hope
Nipples: WTB
Spokes: WTB
Tyres: Tioga Factory mud kevlar 1.85 for now
Tubes: Kenda

Saddle: Odyssey
Seatpost: 24-Seven
Seatpost Binder: DMR

Weight: 22lb ish

Looks much better in the metal I think...

P1010378.jpg

I don't usually like white ones, but that looks good in white with black. And Wu-Tangled ought to approve of the one splash of colour.

I kind of think it would look better with decals, but I'm not sure which ones you should use. The frame is a 97 of course, but the yellow 97 decals would add to the yellow pedals, and Wu-Tangled wouldn't approve of the one splash becoming two splashes.

It might look good with black decals, but the earliest ones they made were the 99s, which might be a bit big as they're made for an aluminium downtube. Anyway, just a thought, this is what 99 decals look like.

Attachments

• 1999 Cinder Cone catalogue.jpg
    1999 Cinder Cone catalogue.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 986
I have some OG kona decals i think from 99, but i'm not too keen on using them. I really like the look without any and the paint finish is matt and a bit rough so might not work either.

I thikn i'll save the decals for my next project.

Just to clarify, Anthony what size is it for certain. I know you have the eye to tell just from the geometry of a kona.

Back