I hate this site.

BarneyRubble":wjajf4nn said:
I know this thread developed into an exchange of porridge recipies, but to return to the original sentiment...I hate this site.

Back in September I realised our company probably wouldn't be making the promised office move and I decided I needed a more sensible bike than my Ellsworth to commute on. I was keen to pick something retro up because I thought it would be good value and make me all misty eyed for the days when I started riding. :)

Not sure where to start I messaged all my cycling buddies on Facebook to see what they had lurking in their garages and one of them sold me a 94 Lava dome. (Un)Fortunately another mate who writes for Dirt directed me to Retrobike.

Nearly 5 months on, my £100 kona has new wheels (hope ti's), bars (Easton), chainset (modern but will change), cassette (Lx 7speed), Chain (HG 70), cables, seatpost (bontrager), saddle (flite ti), tires and skewers!! With a new stem (Syncros) on the way!!! :oops: Now I am convinced I need V-brakes (probably XT or XTR) and that the frame might need a re-spray (after seeling Andy-l's Kona at the Bristol bike Jumble).

Where will it end??? I'm getting to the point where it will be too nice to ride to work and the whole cycle will start again. :cry:

I hate you all...... ;)

End? It never ends! I still haven't managed to get myself a commuter after a few attempts :?

By the way, soaking the oats overnight is brilliant :D

Kona Paul":1ug4o5aj said:
End? It never ends! I still haven't managed to get myself a commuter after a few attempts :?

That is what I feared! I'm caught in a perpetual cycle (rare retro bike?) that will see me single and living in a house constructed from the cardboard that other members have used to send me shiny parts and the broken Ti frames that someone convinced me would make a great workshop stool. It's alright though because they will be skillfully welded together as I will have spent a fortune on a frame building course instead of my wedding! :twisted:

BarneyRubble":tsf49td7 said:
Kona Paul":tsf49td7 said:

That is what I feared! I'm caught in a perpetual cycle (rare retro bike?) that will see me single and living in a house constructed from the cardboard that other members have used to send me shiny parts and the broken Ti frames that someone convinced me would make a great workshop stool. It's alright though because they will be skillfully welded together as I will have spent a fortune on a frame building course instead of my wedding! :twisted:

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Well put, my friend! You've seen all our futures!

This site

Barney wrote:
That is what I feared! I'm caught in a perpetual cycle

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
Ohh the puns, this thread is such a laugh as well as having handy cooking hints!

Back