SCOTLAND MacRetro Meet Jan 24th Dunkeld

May be unable to ride much at Dunkeld as I seem to have strained my right calf muscle, bike ride injury though, not falling over when drunk :D

Davedownhill and I went to Glentress on Saturday and encountered an even bigger icerink than when Kaiser and I visited last. All the timber roads were polished sheet ice, at one point Dave had to lay his bike down and nearly crawl to safe ground :shock:. I done my leg in negotiating a steep icy banking, could not pedal after that :cry:

Thus I will have to stay off my bike for a bit and hopefully be sorted for the 24th.

What a sickly lot, should make this a Zimmer frame meet :roll:

I was a Glentress last Monday, at the bottom is was treacherous, nice and snowy once the trail started though.

What do we expect?

Old men still dicking about on mountain bikes, just asking for trouble if you ask me :LOL:

Maybe get the st. johns ambulance to set up in dunkeld? :roll:

So if anyone is wanting to come along but was afraid that you may not be fit enough to keep up, I hope that this thread helps convince you otherwise- feck The Kens son managed some downhill sections better than me :oops:

Come on sons and daughters of scotland macretro needs you- prob. to carry bodies off the mountain.

Unless I take the kids with me and drag them round in the Burly I will no longer be able to make this meet :cry:

Gutted :(

It is wide enough in a lot of areas for a trailer as there is a lot of landrover track, some of the climbs might be tough and if the ground is hard it will be very bumpy in places.

... and I doubt you'll be slower than me as my beer belly weighs much more than a burly!

But I understand, I'm just lucky to be on my own this time, I'd normally bring miniKen but I think it might be a bit tough for him with the long climbs and cold weather.

Long Climbs, what long climbs, nobody mentioned long climbs :shock:

Forget bringing the right bike, must remember crampons, ice axe and oxygen :LOL:

Also Dave will not be joining us, he just remembered a tutorial for his part time business course, as he missed the last tutorial he can't miss the one on the 24th.

As the event draws near the participants dwindle back to the usual suspects :roll:

I'm totally ME'd up at the moment but will be coming even if you all have to leave my sorry ass in a ditch and collect me on the way back past. :LOL:

Thats the bannochburn spirit J.

I will pm you once I have touched base with Kaiser about travelling arrangements- I will also need to check that I can get the dale on the bike rack or else it will have to go in the back seat and therefore I will be limited to 2 people/bikes in the car :evil:

Getting excited about this trip lads even if it is the same bunch of losers ;)

been reading this with a heavy heart,
Wish i could tag along and meet you guys but unfortunately i MUST work every weekend so im unable to join in.
Mind and get some pics up for us after guys :cool:
Enjoy

GC

Does anyone going happen to have a 30.0mm or a 29.8mm seatpost? Need to size a seat tube and with my verniers its both :roll: I'll bring the frame and try them if someone would be so nice :D

Back