lewis1641

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
PoTM Winner
Kona Fan
GT Fan
Feedback
View
can i pick your brains? i am building a modern bike which will be my main ride. it is based on a16 inch inbred frame (when it gets here...) and i have a set of the aforementioned pilot sl forks in my shed. they were donated from a friend who is a bit of a parts snob and has labelled them "OK"

i was out of the game when these were released and wondered if anyone knows if they are bob or not?

i am a heavy rider but only do cross country really, nothing too extreme coz it hurts when you crash!

cheers in advance

They are not a great fork compared to many modern models but they are better than a lot of the retro rubbish we put on our bikes. If budget is a factor and you have them sitting in the garage they are a fair fit-and-forget fork. Once they die get something better.

at the moment i can only really afford to spend around £100 so that rules out anything new!

what can people recomend for that sort of price (or a little more if i save a bit). definately dont want to be spending £300

hijacking my own thread here but what do you make of the inbred?

I love it. Its a proper all day riders bike. Its not the best quality frame but the geometry and ride make up for it. It also rides sweet with those forks. I'm sure you'll enjoy yours once its built up. :D

Back