93/94 db cats?

hoegaardenadds1":qza55tlr said:
anyone got one? after a pic of the apex probably a 94 so i can get some decals made up.

I've got a 91/92 brochure, a 95 brochure, and a 96, but nothing for 93 / 94.

I thought the 94 was very similar to the 95 (in terms of frame and decals). I think the 95 differed from the 94 in having a slightly different colour (94 was a sort of deep bluey-green metallic, 95 was matt navy blue, or a matt red (I think)). Groupset and components were diffeent, but I think the frame was the same, and same for the decals?

There's some quick and dirty pics of my 95 Apex in my album on here - you can probably make out the Apex decal from them?

wow thats the same one i had! mine looks VERY different now though! re-spray in metalflake black, deore v's and cheap shitty tioga finishing kit! getting it back in march so will post some pics!!

hoegaardenadds1":2zsyersx said:
wow thats the same one i had! mine looks VERY different now though! re-spray in metalflake black, deore v's and cheap shitty tioga finishing kit! getting it back in march so will post some pics!!

Did yours definitely have the matt blue finish? Because the '94 was very similar, just not a matt finish, but a metallic.

I think the components were better in 95, over 94. The 95 had Deore LX, mainly, Mavic 230 rims and a Sugino chainset. Different groupset and wheels on the 94 - not quite as good IIRC. But the colour was quite similar.

I've got a 1994 and a 1995 diamond back brochure.

but it takes a little time ...

on the title page of the 1994 brochure is a nice diamond back lettering

like to the apex frame lettering

hoegaardenadds1":re06nbrs said:
defo matt blue (paint quality was aweful!) full lx and suigino(?) chainset. lx hubs on mavic 230 rims

That's defintely a 95 then.

94 spec was same frame, slightly different paint, but groupset and wheels weren't quite as good.

I've never had any real problem with the pain on my Apex. Perhaps not most resistant to chips, but it's held up reasonably well.

i remeber reading in a mag that the paint quality was pretty variable so you must of got a good un! mine used to chip and scratch if you looked at it funny! hence the re-spray!

My DB Apex (1994 I think... The original color of decals was red) reformed.
I would make new decals. Someone could send pics or scans of the decals for me? ("Diamond Back", "Apex", "Snake Stays", "True Temper", etc)?
Thanks in advance.
dsc02415no3.jpg

dbrja3.jpg

Back