Audi RS6, the ultimate retro ride transportation device!

Elev12k":bwp5tuv4 said:
My father has a 9000 2.3 Low Pressure Turbo (LPT) Anniversary. He bought it new in 1997 and it has done 140k kms since then. It only needed new tyres and that kind of regular stuff. Very reliable car.

The 9000 is a comfortable, roomy, save way of transport and they are relively economical and environmental friendly (for a car their size)

The interior design looks really up to date for a car designed in 1984. Exterior has had a face lift in 1991. I can think of newer cars that look way more dated.

They are excellent bike carriers with the huge and easy accesable (huge door) boot.

Actually I pushed my father to buy it back then in 1997 and not another Mercedes. I didn't like the new E design and they also lost a bit of their build quality at that time.

2nd hand 9000s can be had at a bargain. I think they are heavily underrated cars.

Personally I do have a 1993 900i-16. It is not as good, but I am very happy with it as it is a joy to ride and I think it is stylish.

This pic provides a glimpse of my fathers 9000:

IMG_1100800.jpg

The green 900 is mine.

- Melvin

I have a very same 1997 SAAB 9000 CSE 2.3T, it´s a jubileum (50th anniversary model) called A50.

Wooden steering wheel, minilite lookalike wheels and leather seats with alcantara inlays and a stamped aeroplane in back.

My has did 220.000 km right now and still going strong.

I will leave this car to www.nordicuhr.se and chip the engine to ste 3 and see if it´s flying low.

Hi Kid,

Yes, I do think they are in fact the same cars, but called differently.

I scanned a Dutch Anniversary brochure some time ago:

anni1800.jpg

The Aero wheels on my fathers car are on request. The Aero spoilers and skirts are std Anniversary features and the Amethyst violet colour is Anniversary only. They are pretty loaded.

I now see Saab comes with cars to celebrate its 60th anniversary:

http://saab-i.saab.com/nicelink/webmail ... NuvyT.html

Nothing wrong with having the 9-5 that takes e85.

- Melvin

Ooooh, retro cars - my speciality!

Here's my modified 1975 MG Midget 1500 (no chance of getting a bike in there!):
RIMG0056.jpg

RIMG0059.jpg

5b128ab5.jpg

Brief spec:

Brand new 'Heritage' bodyshell.
Ugly, heavy rubber bumpers removed and body adapted to suit.
Koni adjustable dampers all round.
Full stage 2 engine kit - bigger carbs, racing cam etc...
Frontline Spridget Rear Transaxle Locator.
Anti-roll bar.
Ford Sierra Saphire 5 speed gearbox.
Custom exhaust and manifold.
Corbeau bucket seats & harnesses.
Minilites powdercoated white with Yokohamas.
Roll cage.
Currently has matching hardtop on for winter.
Around 110bhp and 600kg.

1967 MGB Roadster Custom V8:

c62dbc7b.jpg

f49f27eb.jpg

3f979ddd.jpg

c52edb94.jpg

Brief spec:

Brand new 'Heritage' bodyshell.
Brand new 2001 Range Rover 4.0 V8.
Weber four barrel carb.
Spax dampers all round.
Rover 5 speed gearbox.
Special Equipment front air dam.
Front suspension and brakes from a 1995 MGR.
Custom exhaust and manifold.
Mohair hood.
Electric window conversion.
Minilites with Avons.
Around 220bhp and 800kg.

I'm looking for a cheap Audi A4 Avant or a Saab 900 at the moment. I need something practical for the commute, transporting bikes and getting the shopping in!

Lovely pair mate :LOL:

Seriously though that can't have been easy to get/keep those cars in that conditon.

Good work fella!

lovely cars JS1500 - the roadster looks stunning!
our sensible car is a 05 civic sport, but heres the ridiculous one - no chance of a bag of shopping, never mind a bike! (the red one, not the smart)
first one to guess it wins... er... nothing... :roll:
HB.jpg

Bugger - was about to post that I couldn't remember which was the Cappuchino & which was the Beat, but never mind!

Bear-Chan":cequ85x5 said:
lovely cars JS1500 - the roadster looks stunning!
our sensible car is a 05 civic sport, but heres the ridiculous one - no chance of a bag of shopping, never mind a bike! (the red one, not the smart)
first one to guess it wins... er... nothing... :roll:

Nice K-Car :)

Back