MADCHESTER- 20 years on

Andy B":2rq93b4j said:
Anyone got Tennage Fanclub's Bandwagonesque?

That and the follow up 'Formula One' were two of the best albums of the '90s. great band, are they still going?

Si

I think that they're still going, a quick Google throws up a blog page with recent posts in it.

Anyone go to the 20th anniversary Wonderstuff gig (with Jesus Jones)?

madchester

HAPPY DAYS Did you see what I did there?. Used to regularly go to the Hacienda .Used to start at the Britons Protection GREAT PUB. A mate of ours Walshy would come used to be in a band called the Next Step or was it the great leap forward? anyhoo he ended up in the Inspiral Carpets as the bass player.

Im far too young to have been there but do haave massive appreciation for the scene, only last summer I was giving bez a run for the best dancer award at the bingly festival, headlined by the Happy mondays.

I remember heady nights visiting mates at Uni in Manchester just to go the Hacienda - Kickers desert boots, baggiest dungerees and awful knitted hoodies dancing to Step On, Fools Gold and my personal favourite Size of a Cow :oops: :LOL:

Andy B":2ea8xxiu said:
Anyone go to the 20th anniversary Wonderstuff gig (with Jesus Jones)?

I know Miles Hunt's mum and dad. I helped design their house for them. Some friends live next to Miles too, so been to his house in a round about kind of way.

MadCowKev":3130hc1e said:
heathy":3130hc1e said:
And no 1 has even mentioned the stone roses fools gold
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4bHMVAKDao

I went to the hacienda once, what a night proper messed up ;)
It was 1992 and the rave scene was at full steam, oh to go back and re live those years hey :roll:

I mentioned Fools Gold.

You only went once Heathy? Couldn't take the pace even then ;)

I didn't see that Kev, only went once beause it was miles away, and we had to many great raves down south ;)

Latest posts

Back