Help with Marin frame numbers please!

re:

I finally checkes my numbers. Mine are M23BA0(this could be a o)063

It would be a Team Marine from 93, in size 17,5 But I measure mine to be 19"? but they make them kind of big so...

But that makes all guesses right! a 93 Team Marin...

Re: re:

captain8track":nbzdstfo said:
It would be a Team Marine from 93, in size 17,5 But I measure mine to be 19"? but they make them kind of big so...
afaik they measure c-c. so 17,5" is correct.

re:

so in theory mine is right for me. :) going to complete it as a budget build soon, ordered some avid brakes for it, and found some bb's to replace the current with...

confusion

well

my 91 team has the following number: M1ICE0055

im sure i bought a 19" frame at the time, but seat tube measures 20.5 bb centre to top of seat tube and head tube measures 150.....

although centre of bb to centre of top tube does measure 19".....

according to charts its a team issue?

all very confusing, and this certainly isnt the biggest frame of this era as i remember when i bought it the next size up was 20.5 .......

thought i would just add mine to make it more complicated i have had it since new it was £719.00 back then.....

Re: confusion

teammarin91":w6ia3tr9 said:
im sure i bought a 19" frame at the time, but seat tube measures 20.5 bb centre to top of seat tube and head tube measures 150.....
although centre of bb to centre of top tube does measure 19".....
that totally makes sense. its a 19" frame because bb to center is 19". bb to top is 20,5".
as stated earlier marins sizes are bb to center.

There have been several in the far east, and they move around, dependant on costs etc. They are long gone now!

Back