Gios touch up paint

julianm

Retro Guru
Just a thought that someone might have some - I think each new bike was supplied with a tin . If you have some & it`s still liquuid after ~ 20 yrs I`d be interested. many thanks, Julian

I have some, but its not for sale. If your Gios is the "new" Gios blue, then you can get some from www.racescene.co.uk for about a tenner, which is what I did. I'm not sure whether it would be suitable for Gios Torino or older, but if you give the shop a ring they may be able to help. Very nice guys and good service in my experience.

The gios blue from Race Scene is spot on.

Used it on my 1981 Super Record and apart from the brushstrokes, you can't tell it's there.

They like Gios at Race scene. And retro - last time I was there a couple of years ago - they had the reissued Super Record frame in stock and a built up one on the wall and an Ijsboerke Gios jersey on display in reception. Only place I have ever seen a steel Gios Cross frame too.

And top lads aswell - sorry for blowing their trumpet but I'm from Barnsley too.

That`s really helpful gents - I`ll promise to ride down in the spring & try my luck. I did read a very complex article somewhere about the pigments used back then being `banned` now due to H&S, so making a match was virtually impossible.
It`s only a couple of small sections which are not too obvious so I`ll soon have it spotless. It`s still got the Dutch shop sticker on it!
Thanks again, Julian

And to think, when I bought my Super Record frame in 2004, that I was going to make a fixie out of it. Just couldn't bring myself to do it.

And now look what they've done with them.....

stinus":71e47g7j said:
dbmtb":71e47g7j said:
Only place I have ever seen a steel Gios Cross frame too.

theres is one much closer.. come to saxil cykler in nørrebro if you visited copenhagen

Yes but this one was a lot newer than yours....

Back