Mad 1991 E-stay, square tubed Saracen with hydrotechs

Elevated

Dirt Disciple
As mentioned in the Saracen 98-90 topic, here's the 1991 "Conquest Competition Hydrotech". Catchy name. I think they wee going for a Pace type feel with the sqare tubing and brakes. This crazy machine retailed for £1250 in '91. Note the XT thumbys.

saracen-conquest-competition-hydrotech_1991.jpg

Bad ass! You're on a scanning mission today elevated.

What forks are on the Saracen? Are they RS1s or Taiwanese knock offs?

I've been at home with a broken collarbone for the past two weeks. I'm going back to work next week (to program one handed!) so I thought I'd do something constructive on my last day.

The forks are actually the first ever MTB Marzocchis. The ad for the bike mentioned how they used motorcycle manufacturer brakes and forks. I guess Marzocchi and Magura did / do motorbike bits too.

My names's Adrian btw, I've tacked it on to my location bit. :)

I had one of these. I'd love to have one again.
The forks were Marzocci air/oil.
I had an ogange one (probably one of only very few built up by Evans Croydon). If one evr turns up i'd be very very interested.
It was a real iconic bike and was amazing to ride.

an old friend in plymouth had one of these bitd,marzochi forks eventually became mine and were shit lol,the maguras have stood the test of time tho,good pic.

Weren't the forks called Marzocchi star or something like that, I remember my dad had some on his Diamond Back years ago and the graphics looked very similar.

Back