My Cannondale sv700FR (IT'S AN OUTRAGE)new pics page 8

I am probably naive, thinking of reader's bikes as just that: I'm a reader and they are my bikes.

I stumbled on retrobike, lurked for a bit, and when I joined my first post was in "reader's bikes". I've posted all the bikes I felt like sharing without reservation. So I confess, I am guilty of fitting carbon forks and Vees to 1992 frames. I confess I have posted modern builds, including a 29er for f@$k sake, heresy!! what more proof do you need ;)?

OTOH since coming here I have acquired and posted a near original 92 Kona Explosif and there's a bunch of rigid steel bits and a set of skinwall tires in the cave. Heck, I'm even contemplating putting a build up for BOTM sometime.

Give us a break and you might be surprised,
I'm here for love of the build and the RIDE ....

Enjoy!!

Re: My Cannondale sv700 fr (IT'S AN OUTRAGE) ;)

enid_puceflange":tv78qpfx said:
Ok, i have eventually got my finger out and posted a picture of my stinky old Cannondale.
I picked it up after having seen it in a local cash generator shop window. some poor student had pawned it for smack or something :LOL:
Anyway, i wanted one of these so bad when they came out, but was starting to fall out of love with the whole cycling thing at the time , and i sold up.
I have old spent a little time cleaning and servicing it, new tyres and saddle & grips. I got the forks from Maxtherotti on here and am now awaiting some syncros cranks and rings from Canada.
please keep your critisism constructive ;) as im a fragile wee soul :cool:

Gary C

SNC11237.jpg

lovely looker :D ,it may just be an optical illision but it looks to have a very short wheelbase

LOL
Its just a big bruiser,
41.5" wheelbase & 13.5" bb height
I think its the Stratos forks that make it look so high, they are a fair bit higher than the Headshok ones that were fitted , but i love the way they look :cool:

Gc

enid_puceflange":233h6g8o said:
LOL
Its just a big bruiser,
41.5" wheelbase & 13.5" bb height
I think its the Stratos forks that make it look so high, they are a fair bit higher than the Headshok ones that were fitted , but i love the way they look :cool:

Gc

Thats a really short wheelbase indeed! My Merlin XLM works in a very small size is 43.2 inches and a Cannondale Rush 44.5in 43 to 43.5 is pretty much standard these days, that must be soo twitchy for such a large frame? Hasn't had a shunt has it?

It actually rides not too bad, i suppose it could get a little "nervous" coming down some steep stuff but i suppose im just used to it, I would probably notice the difference if i tried something a little longer.
The paint around all the welds is all in one piece with no cracking so im pretty confident that its not been "shortened unintentionally" :LOL:

Gc

Git it to Dunkeld on the 24th then, macretro meet in the rides section :D

i think when you sit on it the wb extends because of the back end dropping down altering the rake at the front...kinda like mine. :shock:

Yup, it does actually, not a major change , but when its got my weight on it
the wheelbase lengthens by another half inch.
I wonder if the reason it feels stable is that when the rear end loads up a little, the head angle slackens slightly??

You going to pop a pic of yours up Gibbleking? :cool:

GC

Back