Chaser's Raleigh Dyna-Tech now restored [spec' added]

Very nice bike. The colour looks really good too.

Look forward to seeing it once you've got the seatpost and saddle. Definitely put it in for BotM :cool:

Chaser where did you get the decals, Are they the ones on the bay? What were they like to apply etc? Sterling job, looks great!

Wow, really been bowled over with all your kind words and enthusiasm for Dyna.

Thanks guys...

Now just need that Seatpost and saddle for BOTM..., as you all seem to think it is worthy :D

What QR skewers should I look out for [XT are way heavy and quite dull looking] bearing in mind that the rear drop out spacing is 130mm not 135?

;)

Chaser.

pistol13":1vksao5e said:
Chaser where did you get the decals, Are they the ones on the bay? What were they like to apply etc? Sterling job, looks great!

Thanks for that :)

I worked with a local printer to refine the decals from old pics. He was really great... a young MTB fan too, so he was quite keen to help me.

There was some guesswork involved on the frame material decal but it looks very original after a bit of tweaking. It even has my frame number on it.

The main Dyna-Tech decal is 100% correct. It was scanned from an old advert in MBUK and then scaled up to the correct size. The one on ebay is too small and I wanted it in black with a white keyline.

They were quite easy to apply as they came on clear tape so that you can still see what you are doing when you have peeled the backing off and have to position them on the frame. The letters are individually cut so they look really crisp.

Forks and rear stays also have the correct vertical decal which are also reproductions.

The RSP decal is original - Ben [off the forum, don't know his UN, met him at cannock Chase] very kindly sent it to me . I have a scan of it too so it could be copied and re-created. The ebay one looks very good too.

If you would like the printers details just let me know.

Headtube badge is an lightweight aluminium version of the 'Heron' - NOS one off ebay, It was for a smaller diameter tube but it was quite easy to mould being alloy.

Hope this helps. :)

Chaser

chaser":3krwef8e said:
Thanks Dyna Ti.

Have you got much to do to get yours up and running?

Chaser.
I now just need forks
And its going to be totally rigid which will please our B/snobs no end :LOL:
I'm intending to replace the s/post clamp,pedals etc when the proper XT ones,when pop up on ebay.
I wont be happy though :roll: :LOL: :LOL: ,and probably tinker with it for months yet
and i'll grudgingly put up with the CK classics till some nice 739 XT hubs come up
Cant wait to get back into that cone spanner thing :LOL:

------------------------------------------
Ive also to arrange decals,just dont know whether to go for the dyna tech or the Raleigh Titanium, the latter was the American decal for the torus

Wow, nothing wrong with CK Classics, I'd keep them over XT's - have you got 130mm rear spacing too?

Have you considered having some forks made? there are still a few frame builders around. I almost went this route as it seemed to take ages to get the right combo of size / threaded / lenght / rake on the forks.

I eventually spotted the Tange big forks on ebay and as they are chromed they go nice with the Syncros polished stem.

BITD it seemed to be popular to match the stem and fork colour.

I look forward to seeing it trail worthy.

Chaser.

Chaser

That is SweeeT and a really clean looking build too!

Those chrome forks sure do set the front end off.

Si

:D

Now I have figured out how to reduce the file sizes in Photoshop , here are some more pics....

Chaser.

Attachments

• forum6a.jpg
    forum6a.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 1,574
  • forum7a.jpg
    forum7a.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 1,574
  • forum5a.jpg
    forum5a.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 1,574
  • forum4a.jpg
    forum4a.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 1,574
pie-man":2xo49jzq said:
Chaser

That is SweeeT and a really clean looking build too!

Those chrome forks sure do set the front end off.

Si

:D

Thanks Pie-Man.

Yes the forks worked out well.

;)

Chaser.

Back