Marin Pro Vision

ultracoach

Retro Guru
Hi...this is my 1998-9 bike of choice whenever i go riding, have even got rid of my modern stuff...this just feels rock solid to me.
Updated with Hope Mono Minis, Reba fork, and DT swiss air shock.
And nice skinny 1.5 Houffalize Pro tyres...mud cutters of the best variety. Cheers.
DSC01871.jpg

[/img]
DSC01869.jpg

Yes, great riding bikes and underated by the masses! Also yours has the 3rd generation swing arm. So has lasted,the first two had a nasty habbit of breaking! :cry:

Cheers,Al

I only rode one of these recently and i have to say that i was really suprised. It was actually a good climber and as you say fely rather solid. It does look very modern but it was in that heavy re-design period where technology jumped ahead.

Nice bike!

Cheers...yeah, it climbs well, and goes down better...better than i,m capable of!
As it stands in the photo, 26.5 lb's...which i think is well up there withthe newer stuff...with pedals!!!!! God knows why bike mags weigh them without pedals, everyone uses them! Some say well, it's such a personal choice...but so are tyres and wheels! etc.
Ah well..couple of hours spare now so quick ride b4 work....road bike tho..sorry! ;)

Have to admit, think mine was the most efficient mountain bike I've ever had.

Chris.

Just got me thinking! I loved my Mount Vision. :( You can't keep 'em all.

Al.

I miss mine - had the silver swing arm including cracks which was replaced with a later disk tab version.

Its one of the few full suss bikes that I can wheel spin with.

Funny thing was though, I treated myself to a spanky new 2001 Wolf Ridge and it was awful...?

Mount Vision

Think the MV's had red swing arms, East Peaks Blue and was it Wolf ridge with Yellow? I had two, the V brake XTR one weighed 22.5 pounds the all disc similar to yours, went really well- up- down anywhere, really solid ride as good as any of the modern SP/VP rides. Ace bikes.
I'm as hort arse, so really loved the split top tube for nut clearance. :D ;)
How do you find the Hoffalize on Clay? I have a set I use in Summer, but always thought the tight pattern would clog on our sticky clay in Winter? Really light are'nt they!

:p They are totally wicked tyres! A bit puncture prone, but SOOO light, and to be honest, these are the second set i've used and they stay on year round...mud..frost..wet..dry..clay..snow...nothing else i've used comes anywhere near.
Perfect at afan, cwm carn etc...perfect 24hr tyres...i keep the old set as a fast dry racing tyre set, as the centre knobs are worn ..so fast..but enough on the edges to cope .... :LOL:

Back