1989/90 Yeti C-26 - 20th Anniversary Special

For me it's not just the bike or how rare it is, anyone with enough money can get together amazing bikes and we all know that there are collectors in this world who just use their wallet (thankfully none on here!).

This is far more than that, this bike embodies all that I love about this site - the history, the personal story, the dedication to a project, the attention to detail, the passion and the love and the involvement of others.
With all of this this would be an amazing bike even if it wasn't a C-26, but the fact that it is take it to the next level for me!

A truely amazing build, and a lovely bike - I had the same smile on my face when I saw this as you did in that photo of you collecting the finished frame on your website :D

John":2p7xj1qf said:
Tallpaul":2p7xj1qf said:
John, are you editing my posts AGAIN??? :LOL: (and yes that was the site to which I was referring ;) )

????

Not guilty m'lud.

Think MCK may know who did it though ;)

Sorry. Hit the wrong button (again) :oops:

The bar for future retro builds has been well and truly raised!

Amazing. It happened here.

How to beat that? Beryllium bike maybe? That's rare but then there's no history...

Great job mate :twisted:

Great to read about the bike's history too :cool:

orange71":4nfgsydv said:
How to beat that?...

Probably by going back in time, finding the left over tubing from Joe Breezes workshop in the 70s and having him build you Breezer number 0.5! :D

Ok I have decided what I am going to do. Devote the rest of my life to making a time machine out of a DeLorean. Go back to 1990 call in on the factory in Agoura introduce myself as Mike and purchase a C-26. Then ‘Back to the Future’! Now I am nipping to the loo, planning on falling off and bumping my head. :LOL:

Best Bike I´ve Ever Seen ( & Dreamed About )

Standing Ovation.

Oh yes, I almost forget it: that´s BOTC

Bike Of The Century.

Nuff Said.

orange71":2crlcidf said:
The bar for future retro builds has been well and truly raised!

Amazing. It happened here.

How to beat that?

It could happen. It would require flambouyant vision, flair, dedication, no extraodinary dedication and a supreme porton of luck but I say it could happen.

In sport records are consistently broken and rebroken. Even when it is thought it can't be done. Its about belief. The bar may been raised but for how long? ;)

orange71":diytwj70 said:
yes but what??? How???

I don't have all the answers. History says it can be done. I'm taking nothing away from what Mike has achieved, the bike is incredible - everything has been said. But look back 18 months at the comments on Rumpfy's Tomac Raleigh thread and you'll get an idea of what I mean.

For sure it will take something very special to better this and I can't wait to see what it will be?

Back